HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have the opportunity to pick up one of these boards, used mind you, for $65. I was going to purchase a brand new ASROCK G41C-GS to revive a C2Q that came off a failed ECS G31T-M (blown caps). One reason I am considering this used board is that it supports my two sticks of DDR3 1600, another is that it has solid caps. Is this board worth that used? I know it will be fairly vanilla when I install OS X.

I have the opportunity to pick up one of these boards, used mind you, for $65. I was going to purchase a brand new ASROCK G41C-GS to revive a C2Q that came off a failed ECS G31T-M (blown caps). One reason I am considering this used board is that it supports my two sticks of DDR3 1600, another is that it has solid caps. Is this board worth that used? I know it will be fairly vanilla when I install OS X.
If it is in good condition it is worth it if you want to use your C2Q and RAM. Better than the G41C for sure.

I decided to go ahead and purchase it... I just hate how much value these old components hold.. A new mobo and socket can be had around the same price as this used and outdated one, however then you must factor in the cost of a new processor. Being thrifty isn't easy haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back