Graphics
Nvidia GTS 880
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Has anyone had success with this Gigabyte MB?

I built the Unbeast USB successfully. It boots (no boot flags in Clover used, tried several boot flags as well) to the installer but when I get to the OSX Yosemite install screen, it sits at ~15 minutes to go and stalls. I let it run overnight with no movement of the dials.

I used the most recent DSDT for this board in Mavericks with success.

I tried both updating existing Mavericks and clean install with similar results; no Yosemite. Restored Mavericks a few time and it's working fine.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

System info:

Build:
GA-EP45-UD3P
8 GB RAM
nVidia 8800 GTS
Unibeast and Multibeast latest editions
iMac 10,1 profile

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac10,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.83 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache: 12 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM101.00CC.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.53f13
Illumination Version: 1.4a6
Serial Number (system): W80AA98A5PE
Hardware UUID: C168C4F1-EE25-564C-A1E2-AFE21BA5A90A

BANK0/DIMM1:

Size: 4 GB
Type: DDR2 SDRAM
Speed: 800 MHz
Manufacturer: NoName
Part Number: V01D2LF4GB26826880
Serial Number: -

BANK1/DIMM1:

Size: 4 GB
Type: DDR2 SDRAM
Speed: 800 MHz
Manufacturer: NoName
Part Number: V01D2LF4GB26826880
Serial Number: -

How do you tell it to use the MacPro profile?

You still should be able to boot the iMac 10,1 profile. I just had a more stable computer using MacPro3,1.

To change google chameleon wizard and use the presets and randomize on your smbios.plist in your Extra file.

If you're using the Clover bootloader then use Clover Configurator to change your profile.

Tony

update [1] I rebuilt Unibeast using v5.0.2 (new) and Multibeast v7.0.2 (new). I was able to install Yosemite with no boot flags on the third try??!!

Issues:

1) Sound's not working, even after using Multicast and selecting Realtek ALC889a in the drivers section.
2) Boot 0 error after rebooting without USB. (Will try the Mavericks boot 0 fix and report back)
3) Having tried importing my Mavericks apps and data yet. On first semi-successful install, I imported as part of setup and on reboot got a KP. Half afraid to do it again.
4) External Bluetooth adapter recognized and my BT Apple keyboard and track pad are now working!

Does anyone know if the boot 0 resolution should be the same in Yosemite?

More to follow as I press forward! :D

i cant get mine to shut down =[
never could with mavericks =[
same board but with 8 gig mem.
works perfectly, but the fans and lights stay on when it performs a shut down.
any help or ideas?

worked fine, shutdown sucks but works fine,

bios settings : all ahci disable vx, disable quick boot, disable logo on screen, primary boot PEG in graphics, power settings soft off 64b HPET

boot unibeast stick to defaults,

use my DSDT for this board, attached here,

use multi-beast latest choose "quick start/userdsdt select the file i have attached, also added
AUDIO SECTION
RealtekALC 889/885 for audio,

DISK SECTION
3rd party sata
TRIM patch

MISC SECTION:
fakesmc 6.11.1328
fakesmc plugins
fakesmc hwmonitor application
Nullcpupowermanagement

NETWORK SECTION
RealTek RTL81xx v0.0.90

SYSTEM SECTION
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS reset

Now you will have a few times during reboots you will have to RE DO theBIOS settings, don't get mad, it happens, once the RTC patch is in place it will be fine.

if u get stuck on the bios settings lemme know ill write them all down and post them

I have a GT640 video card, its plug and play OOB good to go, so nothing for me in graphics,

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17 KB · Views: 174
almost forgot i don't use Clover, and this board can't run anything but sysdef 3.1 or you will get all sorta problems. I've been running it for a few weeks, just take a ccc of your current setup just in case you need to restore, then do a new ccc to a spare junk drive just so you have a ccc of Yosemite, and if it works for you then you can re use overwrite the orig ccc,

After much tinkering, converting to Clover (latest version), mine has been running well. Everything is working on except iMessage/facetime, which is pandemic on all platforms currently (search iMessage on TonyMac for the gory details). Clover fixed several issues for me, but it's not for the faint of heart. Great guide for clover but you must pay attention to every detail.

I used my DSDT from my Mavericks build and the latest Multibeast to fix the audio to finish the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back