1. iMac
  2. LC
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. Quadra
  6. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GA EP45-UD3P Gefore 8800gt 8g 1066 ddr2 (yeah its older quad 9550 but works)

if i update my lion install it fails, boot error for magic number missing,

however if i do clean install it works, untill i run multi beast, if i only choose chimera i can boot and have ethernet, usb and all work, but no sound, its the rt alc889a that i can get working on lion with voodoo , but not Mt lion, no good. does anyone have a dsdt for THIS board, Ive tried some for the UD3R and fails my nics, tried the applehda rollback no good, also have to add the nocpusleepkext to not reset the bios every reboot.

Help me someone. i want to use the new os, but half working is not good, the video card picks up during the install, thank goodness for Carbon copy cloner, ive nuked it at least 15 times, kext failures and other problems im at a loss until i get a good dsdt or some kexts for the audio... anyone???

Was waiting for Successful GA-EP45-UD3P post

Hello D-an-W

Good to see that you have ML running. I was waiting until I seen someone successfully install the OS before starting. With the number of issues that have been posted since the release I thought that I would be running Lion until the new build. If you can share what you have found and have done would be much appreciated. You have helped me out at another website when I was upgrading to Lion and had to remove the BIOS from the chipset.

I would like to upgrade on August 11th, since I would have time to do this at that point in time. I know better than to install during a week night after some issues last year. The strange thing is I do not remember all the customization that was done to get Lion working. There was a few tweeks in PLISTS for monitors. Forget somethings in a years time.

Would like to update this link for GA-EP45-UD3P with my experience for others that are waiting for someone to go through the steps.

Best Regards.

thanks D-an-W!

I'll (Try to) put a guide together at the weekend if enough people need help, it seems the EP45-UD3P is still a popular board!

its a great board, and is still widely used.

Lion

Currently in the Lion build, if I reboot I need to load saved settings in the Bios. Does everyone else have to do this or use a dsdt?

Since I could not get a DSDT from the Library here. I just load a saved profile. Does everyone do this step or is there something better?
With the latest patch on Lion 10.7.4 something happened to Wake from sleep. I turned Sleep off and just turn off the monitors when leaving.

Just a couple of items I was hoping to look at when upgrading to ML next weekend.

Best Regards

Friday night I will start the conversion to ML. I need to pick up another usb drive. I want to keep the current Lion just in case.

I do not think I will do the fresh install. I believe I will do the upgrade of Lion. I take that I will modify the BIOS settings before
starting. I will run multibeast last to make sure I set up all the peripherals. Any suggestions would be helpful as I start to plan the update.
Since there are two threads on EP45-UD3P, I will update the information to one of them.

I do not expect to have a completed ML Friday at all. Most hopeful for a Sunday completion.

Looking forward to some success on an install with this board. Have been running SL rock solid for quite some time. Problem is I have a fanless Asus 7600GS graphics card, which I don't think will work with ML.

I assume I have to replace the card? If so, is there a fanless (ideal) or very quiet basic low power card that will drive 2 monitors (DVI)?

Trying to avoid having to upgrade everything just to run ML, which I am running on my MB Pro & Mac Mini.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back