Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I am working on a Hackintosh that I acquired and there is a small issue. I am not sure if its the power cable or something inside the machine but the machine wont boot and the motherboard just has a bunch of flashing lights inside. The machines power unit and the fan above the cpu twitch like they want to move but wont.

I've had a brief look through all the cables and it appears everything is plugged in.

Hopefully someone in the community can help :)

o_O

makaio8 said:
So I am working on a Hackintosh that I acquired and there is a small issue. I am not sure if its the power cable or something inside the machine but the machine wont boot and the motherboard just has a bunch of flashing lights inside. The machines power unit and the fan above the cpu twitch like they want to move but wont.

I've had a brief look through all the cables and it appears everything is plugged in.

Hopefully someone in the community can help :)

o_O

Please give complete specs. Also the condition in which you received it and if you added anything like ram to it. This sounds to me as one of 4 typical problems... Bad Power supply, bad or incorrect ram, missing or bad processor, or bad HDD that is overloading the psu.

Please give complete specs. Also the condition in which you received it and if you added anything like ram to it. This sounds to me as one of 4 typical problems... Bad Power supply, bad or incorrect ram, missing or bad processor, or bad HDD that is overloading the psu.[/quote]

Fortunately I was able to get it turn on miraculously when I took the unit home. Although I haven't attempted to boot mac it does boot into the bios which is a good sign. Thank you pdxxjjeep for your time and if I have any other questions while messing with this machine I will let you know.

I received the unit from a job I just started and my boss wanted me to use it and then decided he no longer needed it since he wanted to use a different system. So he gave me the unit. Like I said prior I am going to see if I can get it to boot mac. My boss mentioned before it used to be able to boot both windows or mac, so it should be interesting. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back