Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B75N
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
GA-B75N - Dual Boot,i3 3225 HD4000,HDMI Audio,Success

Thanks for all the help on the forums, I did nothing without the guys on here and http://olarila.com. I did many hours reading. Info comes from many threads. And many thanks to toleda, sorry for my stupid posts! :)

Hi Guys,

This is my experience with a GA-B75N with a i3 3225 CPU. Dual Boot Windows 7 64Bit / OSX 10.8.2

Full system spec

Antec 300-150 (PicoPsu 150w)
GA-B75N (make sure you update BIOS (F3), had many problems with (F2) BIOS)
i3 3225
Kingston V300 120GB
x2 1TB 2.5"
8GB Kingston VR

* NOTE *

I'm not saying this is the right thing to do, some of the steps may not be needed. This is just how I got the system to work

Step 1

Prepare 2 USB drives.

1) WIndows 7 64Bit (Windows ISO to USB)
2) OSX 10.8 (UniBeast 10.8)

Step 2

Boot from UniBeast USB drive
Open disk Util and partition the 120GB SSD in two
Partition 1 OSX (Mac OS Extended Journaled) Name OSX
Partition 2 Windows (FatEx) Win7
GUID partition table

Reboot (I did not install OSX)

Step 3

Boot Windows USB

Install Windows to the Windows Partition

reboot

Step 4

Boot Unibeast USB

Install onto OSX partition

After install, boot from unibeast USB and boot from OSX on your hard drive.
After the OSX setup, download and run multibeast

Use these settings

Select UserDSDT or DSDT0Free Installation
Under network select AppleRTL8169Ethernet
Select Under Customization - Boot Options, select 1080P ( i'm using HDMI and a 42" TV)

At this point I selected nothing else.

reboot and test bootloader

System should boot without Unibeast USB from your hard drive, for me its the SSD

At this point if you interrupt the bootloader you will see, OSX and Windows in your boot list.
Select OSX

Step 5 ( Making DSDT )

I now made my DSDT, use this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/84936-easy-guide-ml-hdmi-audio-hd4000-7-series-mb.html

My steps:

I downloaded the DSDT Editor and extracted the DSDT. I then downloaded 2 patches from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70762-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-ami-dsdt.html

HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.zip

ami_clean_compile.txt (removes errors from DSDT)
hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000.txt (add's edits for HD4000 graphics HDMI audio)

I had to edit the hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000.txt patch for my setup, Just needed to change the layout ID , one number 1 to 3

"layout-id", \n
Buffer (0x04)\n
{\n
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
}, \n
"PinConfigurations", \n

To:

"layout-id", \n
Buffer (0x04)\n
{\n
0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
}, \n
"PinConfigurations", \n

After you have done the edit apply both patches one after the other to the DSDT with DSDT Editor. Then compile the DSDT and save it as DSDT.aml. Make sure you copy it to the /Extra folder.

Step 6

I use Chameleon Wizard, not sure where I got it from, had it on a USB drive for a long time. This will allow you to edit the org.chameleon.Boot file in a GUI. Load Chameleon Wizard, now select the DSDT file in the Extra folder and click save. This will make the system boot and use the DSDT.

Now reboot the system.

Step 7

If it'a has gone well, the system will boot using the DSDT. (If not interrupt the bootloader and type DSDT=none This will boot the system without your DSDT)

Now open multibeast again and this time select under Drivers - Audio - Realtek ALC8xx - with DSDT - ALC892

Once this is installed reboot the system.

Step 8

Not sure if this is needed, I edited the org.chameleon.Boot (inside the Extra folder) with textedit, and changed darkwake=1 to darkwake=10 (Tried to fix my sleep / auto sleep )

The system now will be ready to use.

What I have tested.

Graphics HDMI with audio (OK)
Audio out (OK)
Network (OK)
Sleep when pressed (OK) and wake on one mouse click
Auto sleep (OK) To test I set sleep to 1 min but it takes a good time longer for auto sleep to kick in. If you leave the system the display will dim after about 2 min, then another 3 min the system will sleep.
You can wake the system and all will be fine. I have not had time to do a full test, but it's looking very good.

As I said, this is just how I did it, and so far it's working… I will report back.

Ross

***************************************************************************************

below is old info

***************************************************************************************

Hi Guys,

This will be my first hackintosh on new hardware, can I get a bit of help with the install please.

I can see the guide for UniBeast 10.8 and that looks all fine. I will have no problems there. It's the Info for MultiBeast that I'm not 100% sure on yet.

The motherboard is a GA-B75N mini-itx with a Intel i3 3225 CPU with HD4000 graphics. I would like to use the HDMI with audio, and this part is where I'm not sure on. I see that for audio to work though the HDMI on the HD4000 graphics then I need a DSDT and some edits/patches need to be done.

Could someone help me out with this please.

I'm thinking that I will need to extract the DSDT and then patch this for the audio though HDMI to work? If so what program is best to use and what patch will I need to apply.

Thanks for your help,

Ross

System:

MB: GA-B75N
CPU: Intel i3 3225
HD: 2x 1TB 2.5"
SDD: 1x 120GB Kingston V300
RAM: 8GB KVR

Goto Post Installation :HDMI :first sticky thread in forum..its all there

I am interested in this board. It only recently became available in US.

Goto Post Installation :HDMI :first sticky thread in forum..its all there

I am interested in this board. It only recently became available in US.

Damn, thats embarrassing. I will go have a read. Thanks for the heads up, the least I can do is give you an update after the install, that should be on the 9th of Feb.

Ross

Update,

I have installed OSX and while booting from the USB install drive all was fine. I installed multibeast and just selected DSDT-Free Installation, nothing else. After reboot I can now only boot if I enter DSDT=none , Else I get the error unable to find driver for this platform.

I have removed the DSDT file and taken all the options out of the boot plist file and it still will not boot unit I use DSDT=none

I have tried to reinstall multibeast, the same.

Can anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Ross

Update

I have made progress by selecting IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector in Mulitbeast. System boots without problems... Will report back will my full info later.

Ross

If you have a working bootable bu you can make mods such as create a DSDT ,run Multibeast using other drive as target.
If you took all options out of plist file you raised a nest of problems.
You should not need any storage options for this board. I could be wrong or it may depend upon which SATA port you plugged into. Different ports sometimes have different controllers. ( 3 has say intel ,.. 6 has marvell)

Block diagram for both boards shows drives are connected directly to 75 chip.

Easy Beast puts the bare minimum into system. That's what I used

Hi,

I agree with your thoughts I should not need any storage options from Multibeast, but without it the system will not find the boot device. So it must be needed, unless it something in the bios that I have set or not set.

I am making a guide, well kinda what steps I have taken to get the system booting and working.

I am have a problem with the DSDT file, the DSDT compiles and have no errors after adding patches for the 7 Series M/B's. I also added the patch for HDMI audio. This all works fine, system boots. I have sound after adding the kext from Multibeast through HDMI and normal speakers. The problem I have is that sleep now causes the system to crash after waking.

I now it the DSDT because if I boot without it i can sleep and wake without problem.With no DSDT I do not get HDMI audio, so I need it.

I am know looking into this problem, any one has this?

Thanks,

Ross

Refer to this link for more info on HDMI Audio > http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html

Let me know if you need help with the DSDT.

Hi MiniITX,

I have gone through that link and that seems fine. The DSDT has no errors after I apply the patches. I'm not sure if applying to patches at the same time is allowed or will it cause a problem?

It's the system crash on sleep that I am having a problem with, I will post my DSDT info (Before patches, and after)

Kajcha - I will come back to you help if I can,

Thanks,

Ross

Hi,

I have made many changes now...

I updated my BIOS as there was a newer one, by about 3 days??? Must have been a problem!

I have reinstall OSX, Installed multibeast with DSDT option with the realtek network kext.

After reboot, system now boots with out IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

I have extracted the DSDT and applied the patches, this time when you click sleep it works, use can wake the system without a crash. BUT...

Now after using multibeast to install the audio ALC892 with DSDT I have no sound, speakers or HDMI!!!

I have attached my DSDT files. (AML and DSL) You will see the virgin DSDT + DSDT with one patch + DSDT with both patches.

The patches i'm using are from http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70762-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-ami-dsdt.html#post438967

1a. HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.zip

** UPDATE **

Opps, I forgot to edit the audio patch for the layout-id!! I just changed the layout from x01 to x03 and BING! it works

So,

Sound with HDMI
Sound with speakers
Sleep and wake

Just need to check auto sleep now! :)

Will report back!

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    125.3 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back