Contribute
Register

G87X-UD7TH Clover AppleIntelI210 setLinkStatus - not active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD7TH
CPU
Intel i5 Haswell
Graphics
Nvidea GT640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
20150409_042409.jpg

I performed installation of clover first UEFI style. Couldn't get my board to boot. Then tried legacy style. The verbose output is showing that things are stopping at:

AppleIntelI210 setLinkStatus - not active.

So there are two NIC ports on the board and only one is plugged into my router at the moment. The other port is not in use. I'm fascinated by the boot loader. I only wish I had time to traverse its source code however at this time I just only know that this is its output and things stop here.

Chimera boots my system fine from a unibeast yosemite usb. Hopefully there is some resolution? :beachball:

Thank you!

View attachment 133344

I performed installation of clover first UEFI style. Couldn't get my board to boot. Then tried legacy style. The verbose output is showing that things are stopping at:

AppleIntelI210 setLinkStatus - not active.

So there are two NIC ports on the board and only one is plugged into my router at the moment. The other port is not in use. I'm fascinated by the boot loader. I only wish I had time to traverse its source code however at this time I just only know that this is its output and things stop here.

Chimera boots my system fine from a unibeast yosemite usb. Hopefully there is some resolution? :beachball:

Thank you!

So the attached image is clover booting. Right?

Have you copied the FakeSMC.kext to the USB ??

Is the config.plist which your are using now is made by you or downloaded from somewhere else?? Where is the flag kext-dev-mode=1 ??

Have followed this forum's guide for creating the bootable USB??

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Yes I read the guide you are referring. I did add the kext-dev-mode=1 flag now that you have mentioned it however the result is much similar. The config plist I downloaded by following the link in the guide you posted and I am using for the Intel HD4600. Screenshot of my previous boot attempt I will attach:

20150409_090038.jpg

:beachball:

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes I read the guide you are referring. I did add the kext-dev-mode=1 flag now that you have mentioned it however the result is much similar. The config plist I downloaded by following the link in the guide you posted and I am using for the Intel HD4600.

As per the booting logs you are using NVIDIA graphics card (Even your profile showing the graphics as nvidia). So you have to make necessary changes on config.plist for working with graphics card. Otherwise connect monitor to onboard DVI/HDMI port. VGA not supported.

Have you copied the FakeSMC.kext to your bootable USB??

Yes I copied FakeSMC. I took out the Nvidea graphics card and am running off one thunderbolt port. Still boot sequence is stopping in same place.

20150409_092210.jpg

I had totally forgotten about the graphics card thanks for the reminder. It's still the same setLinkStatus problem on onboard graphics though.:beachball:

Yes I copied FakeSMC. I took out the Nvidea graphics card and am running off one thunderbolt port. Still boot sequence is stopping in same place.

View attachment 133353

I had totally forgotten about the graphics card thanks for the reminder. It's still the same setLinkStatus problem on onboard graphics though.:beachball:

Your FakeSMC.kext is not loading. To which folder you had copied it??

Try to boot in safe mode or boot without caches.

Also post your config.plist file.

I want to post that I resolved the issue with your great help. The problem appears to have been that I though I had copied the kexts over however I was mistaken. I looked into the folder again and copied the kexts. I got a boot right away. Thank You! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back