Graphics
nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So Mountain Lion is installed, however for some reason now I can only boot into safe mode (otherwise the trackpad and keyboard don't function). I've tried multiple kexts, including the ones in Multibeast and a Voodoo ps2 kext that I found in a G74 kit online posted by agentdomo on insanelymac. Also tried using the custom dsdt found in said kit. At one point, everything was working but the audio, and I'm trying to get back to that spot but so far no luck. I've attached the kexts that I've tried. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• G74SX.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 233
Audio is now working, and I'm able to load into ML without going into safe mode, however, I still can't boot without the unibeast usb stick, and scrolling doesn't work :/ everything else seems to be working like it should, though.

How did you get the audio working? I've tried the VoodooHDA kext but it's not working, it only produces a weird screeching noise. Also I'm having a problem with flash not working on mac os x ML and I also have to boot off of the flashdrive, I think I might have figured it out and am currently trying the method and will post back if it works

---Edit---

Nevermind about the audio and flash, I tried your VoodooHDA kext and it worked perfectly, thank you! As for flash not working it had something to do with the audio kext and when I installed your VoodooHDA kext it worked, double thanks!!! I must have had the wrong Voodoo kext :p

Well, I have a little more insight now. I used EastBCD to modify windows boot, added Max OS X to it pointing to EFI (like it's supposed to) and when I select it from the windows boot manager, Chamelon 2.0 rc2 comes up with a build date of 2009... I've installed Chimera AND the newer Chameleon multiple times; where is this old Chameleon coming from? Needless to say, that Chameleon will not boot Mac.

Ps. I've already formatted and mounted EFI, trying to follow tonymacx86's guide to installing Chameleon there, so I'm lost.

Apparently EasyBCD uses that really old Chameleon... so I removed that boot option, and I unpacked Chimera and used the boot1h, all is good. Oh, also fixed the scrolling :) and kextcache -update-volume / gives no feedback.

G

Welcome, I'm glad it worked for you!

How did you get the audio working? I've tried the VoodooHDA kext but it's not working, it only produces a weird screeching noise. Also I'm having a problem with flash not working on mac os x ML and I also have to boot off of the flashdrive, I think I might have figured it out and am currently trying the method and will post back if it works

---Edit---

Nevermind about the audio and flash, I tried your VoodooHDA kext and it worked perfectly, thank you! As for flash not working it had something to do with the audio kext and when I installed your VoodooHDA kext it worked, double thanks!!! I must have had the wrong Voodoo kext :p

Yeah I've tried EasyBCD and I was wondering where that old Chameleon came from also. I'll try your method, my method didn't work :(

Were you able to get everything to work?

I also have a G74sx-bbk7 I wish to hackintosh. Any tips you could give to a first time laptop hackintosh?

I've read a few things about going about this, such as in another forum posted by agentdomo, but he doesn't seem to have 100% functionality. Do you have 100% functionality? or maybe 90%?

Old chameleon is installed with EasyBCD, if you have the same pc as I do, swap your 2 hard drives and it'll be fixed.

I have a custom DSDT and SSDT that work flawlessly. The only thing non-vanilla in my system is appleacpips2nub and appleps2controller for keyboard and trackpad and a patched applehda that works with my dsdt. I can update via the app store just fine, I'm not worried about nuking the install anymore.

I backed up the keyboard, trackpad and audio kexts to a folder I made, /System/Library/Extensions.restore folder, and after an update I can boot with -s flag, mount the system and copy the kexts over to /S/L/E and back in action.

Just working on sleep resume and USB 3.0 and she'll be MINT! It's very easy to do this, any1 needing help should carefully follow the unibeast guide then multibeast afterwards. GREAT GREAT tools! I have never been happier to buy Mountain Lion from the store and mod it to work without a single hiccup or panic.

JohnnyOSX - Did you get the G74SX fully working yet with usb3 etc? I have one too, i'm looking for a guide to do mine, any suggestions as to where to look to get this up and running on Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back