GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have begun some planning for my G5 PowerMac case. I can't figure out for the life of me how to remove the drive floor in the top...I need to remove the drive caddy to reposition it, but im stuck.

I have also started wiring the front panel connector. SO far I have made the firewire and 20pin MoBo header, and removed one end of the original connector and labeled all the wire to join them. I was wondering if it would just be better to do a complete re-wire and scrap the mac wires from the connector... Anyone with advice on the front header, I could use some?

Added some benchmarks to my previous post there...marks look nice.

My build description in User Builds is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/69182-ga-z77x-up5-th-3570k-intel-330-ssd-g5-powermac-case.html

Move to the correct forum section. tonymacx86 forum index

User Builds -> Customization > Case Mods (forum sections)
|
|
|
V​
User Builds == Confirmed [Successful] User Hardware Build Descriptions and questions on the build description

----------------------------> Forum Rules
<--

Are you looking at removing the top shelf then?
If so your best bet is to flip the case upside down and look at the bottom of the shelf that way.

The three latches that hold the side panel on have a clip on the back of them. Flip case upside down. They are simply pressed in and easily removed with a small screwdriver. You pop those clips off and the three latches pull right out after that. Then you undo the screws along that channel, I think there is 5 or 6 of those, they are torx bit (forgot what size). Once that is done you need to go to where the latch is connected and remove the little c clip on the pin and pull out pin from inside. Once the plastic rail is unfastened from the latch lever and all screws are out you can see that it is slotted with one end of each slot wider for the screw studs. You move that plastic rail so the wider openings are aligned with the studs and pull rail out with a slight twist. Once removed you then do all the little black screws along the other panel holding shelf on. And that should be it, shelf should be easily removed and you can cut to size if thats what your doing. May I suggest though leaving just enough of the metal on the front edge so you can mount it back in with the plastic tray like the photo above. It keeps it tight together along the rail with the metal.

I think if you brows through my build thread you will see some pictures of what I am talking about.
Also in my build thread are some front cable pics.

I used the original G5 little cable but cutting it in half and then connecting my wires to that and creating the appropriate plugs needed for Power, Audio, USB and Firewire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back