Contribute
Register

G5 Hack: GA-Z68AP-D3 / Intel Core i5 2500K / 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have any issues running the combo update to 10.7.2? I have a very similar build and was wondering if I should just hold off and enjoy the new hack while it is working 100%. iCloud doesn't have any appeal to me.

No issues with the combo update at all, I just restored audio with MultiBeast after updating.

Which revision of the motherboard do you have? Rev 2.0 or Rev 1.0 ?

i have revision 1 and firmware version 4. everything is working perfectly (including sleep), updated and everything.

zcmack said:
i have revision 1 and firmware version 4. everything is working perfectly (including sleep), updated and everything.

I see. After reading through the forum for a few days, I have this impression (correct me if I am wrong) : people have success with Rev. 1.0 of the board but have sleeping or audio issues with Rev. 2.0. I guess I have to pay attention when I make the purchase.

Sleep issues on Gigabyte Z68 boards seem to be more dependent on what you have plugged in to the USB ports than on the hardware revision.

I will plug in wired keyboard and mouse, both of which work on my macbook pro and do not cause any trouble for sleep or wake up. I hope they will continue to do so for my hackintosh.

roguedesigner: You said after wake up you loss your USB devices. Do you press the power button to wake up or use the keyboard/mouse to wake up?

Doesn't matter how it goes to sleep or is woken up - it's related, apparently, to using an Apple keyboard. Some say it's only the aluminium keyboard but using an old Apple Pro keyboard that came with an early Mac Pro makes no difference so I guess it's Apple keyboards with a built in USB hub. That would be every USB Apple keyboard then. I have no intention of using a Windows keyboard as half the keys are in the wrong place so I just live with it. It's not a big problem.

How do I check the firmware version. I know I have the 1.0 revision but I can't tell what firmware version I haveeee :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball: <-- Totally Necessary :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back