Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Hey guys,

Just finished up my G5 case mod and got the front panel working using a cable from AlohaCab. I'm using a Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard, so I jumped the audio pins 7 and 10 in the connector so that the headphone jack works. The headphone jack works great this way, however it causes the rear line out (green) to disappear from the sound outputs menu for some reason. I know it still works because I booted into my Windows partition and I can output to both of them. Does anyone know how I can get the rear line out (green) to show up again so that I can switch between the headphone jack and the rear manually (not physically)?

Basically, when the Front audio header is fixed for the front, only "Headphones" shows up, where as when it is either unplugged or not fixed, only "Internal Speaker" shows up.

Thanks!

Should have asked this when I did my G5!
I added a small toggle switch that fits through one of the holes on the front of the case.

Should have asked this when I did my G5!
I added a small toggle switch that fits through one of the holes on the front of the case.
For the G5, there is a software solution and a hardware solution for front panel audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back