Contribute
Register

G5 case mod, first build

Status
Not open for further replies.
love the build and will be doing something real similar to urs. when u bought the mountain mods mobo tray wat color did u choose for the i/o tray? anodized or brushed or idk chrome? can u take some more detail pics of it? im also going to use a blak i/o but not sure yet. thanks bro keep us posted!

P0w

I used the brushed mobo tray and brushed back panel, a brushed black I/o panel. I will shoot some pics Saturday, I just moved so I don't have Internet till then.

I got lion up and running smoothly with sound hdmi and all the ram installed, it's all setup for a bench test right now so as I put it all back together I will take pics.

Got it. Thanks bro!

here are a few more pics of the rear i/o panel for you.
IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

my project is near complete, this is a shot of my build so far.
IMG_0195.JPG

right now I have the hd cage stuck to case with velcro until my hd rack shows up in mail. I have the system running lion and it works pretty smooth. I will post a full work log of photos after i get the rack installed, i just need to pick up a few 3.5 drives for mass storage and ill be set.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dude! Thats looks sick bro! Thanks for the close up shots of the i/o tray looks sexy! I was just waitimg on ur pics to buy the i/o to see if i like the color contrast. Thanks!
Also the inside looks super clean man my mobo looks exactly the same so i have an idea of how mine is gonna look.

Also how are those fans? how much were they? CFM DBa?

Congrats man!

P0w :mrgreen:

I wanted to keep the system as clean as possible which was not to hard because it is a very simple system right now. The fans are Nexus 80mm fans and they seem to be pretty quite and move enough air to keep my system
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835610004

My HDD rack is coming today, and I plan on getting a graphics card when some more money comes along.

And what are you doing with the AC Cord for the PSU? I can only see the existing hole for the original power supply cord on the back of the case

Also curious about your front panel connections for power and USB etc.

Lookin' good! I like the black components...

My case came with everything in it, so i had the front panel cable, i removed all the wires except the ones to hook up the power switch and led, i will finish the rest soon.

I should have taken a better picture of how I hooked the power supply up but I was embarrassed by how horrible it looked so I didn't haha. like I said when I got the case it had the power supply in it so I cut the wires at the power supply so I could reuse the female ac plug. I had a power cable laying around from something else and cut the male end off and soldered the male end and female end together, then shrink wrapped the joints and wrapped all the wires up the best I could, all that was left was to ground it and test the PSU out with a multi meter to make sure it worked correctly and it did.

figuring out how to mount the power supply and the modular plate was by far the hardest part of my build. It never wanted to line up right and took a lot of time. I also sleeved the ATX power cable with paracord so that added to the time it took to do everything.

I got the HDD rack installed today so ill be loading up some more pics soon.

got hard drive rack installed, need to mount the fan to the side somehow(it came mounted to the back).

IMG_0205.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back