Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ECS
CPU
Core2Quad Q8200
Graphics
HD 2400
Hello Everyone! In a couple of weeks i will receive my new parts for a build and wanted to know if they are compatible with MacOS.
The parts i am using are (among other):
CPU: Pentium G4560
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250-D3H or GA-B250-HD3

Any help is appreciated!

Pentiums are not officially supported. They take more work to configure than the Kaby Lake I3s. If you can exchange the Pentium for an I3 it would be 100% compatible. You could then use HD630 graphics instead of a discrete graphics card. That in itself saves you 40 dollars and makes the I3 the better choice.

And how about using this set with discrete graphics card? In this case I mean GTX1050i, I have heard that the drivers are out but I'm wondering how to install it. FakeCPUID for sure, but what then with the drivers for graphic card since it won't work with integrated graphics?

Can someone help me get started....my installation keeps crashing and rebooting the machine.

@Jono84 read the topic which I have mentioned in the post above. You can find there everything what you need, correct EFI folder with some tweaks. Btw if you say it is crashing, try to specify the problem because we aren't wizards who read from a glass ball ;)

I have successfully installed sierra on my PC. I can now boot from HDD. But nothing is working...no sound no network.

Download multibeast, install realtek kext, for network install intel mausi kext, nvidia drivers also, download them from the guide, after installation enable nvidia because right now you are working on the integrated graphics which you don't want. Download clover configurator to make the work a bit easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back