9500GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hey all..

Well, I have been following some guides here on installing the proper drivers for the ALC888b that I have on this G41M-ES2L motherboard.

System profiler shows there is something there but the sound icon is greyed out and I cannot use it.

system 1.tiff

Everything looks fine just not able to use anything in the sound options.. All greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sith

Attachments

• system 1.tiff
    107.3 KB · Views: 177
I have the same board/issue... tried all the VoodooHDA and universal stuff in MultiBeast. I have a GT430 with HDMI, audio never worked though.
I tried AppleHDA but get Kernel Panics everytime. I tried the AudioPatcher, no luck either.

Thanks for the tip.

I actually did just that and it's working but it's not 5.1 - no real control over the jacks on the back. But some audio is better than none I guess.

Working on a possible solution - there are some external USB (MAC Compatible) 5.1 and 7.1 soundcards out there for 30-50 bucks... I may try that route..

Sith

I don't know why but with iBoot I didn't have any sound. Have to confess that I haven't tried it very hard to solve. I also was thinking about having issues with my CPU.
Therefore I've use iBoot Legacy and had sound ooB (sound with the beginning of the install screen). I was really surprised having sound without installing Mulitbeast.

Therefore I would suggest using iBoot Legacy for installing Snow Leopard

My hardware was G41M-ES2L (rev. 1.1), Intel Pentium E6500, 2GB RAM and Asus 8400GS (besides the HDDs)

Huberer

Edit: the problems I was thinking about my CPU were wrong BIOS settings

Mine is actually hardware related.
There are 3 jacks on the motherboard and they have to be configured with software (in windows) to actually be 5.1 surround. Right now, all I have it center channel which is just a standard stereo setup.

That just won't do..

ordered something that should be here next week to see if it is a solution..

Sith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back