Contribute
Register

G31M boards seem like they are not working with Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll mostly everything is going for me now. I can get audio running also as with mountain lion, the only issue I am having is shutdown ... I do need better applehda for this board though, anyone have a working (pref w/ dsdt) applehda so I do not need an enabler?

Hi thevoiceover! I too am having a hard time trying to get my hackintosh to work! :crazy:

I'm having issues with audio, sleep, shutdown and reboot, but I'm particularly concerned with audio.
I've already tried every possible configuration and kext (VoodooHDA, many different patched AppleHDAs, including the one uploaded by mitch156 - thanks Mitch!), without success..! :banghead:

I seem to understand that you managed to get audio running with an enabler, without dsdt.
Would you be so kind to share what worked for you?

Thanks a lot if you can help! :thumbup:

My system configuration: Intel Core 2 Duo on Gigabyte G31M-ES2L + Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

I have a ga-g31m-es2l rev 1.1 that works. PciRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -v are my boot flags. I installed my own kexts from mountain lion and have audio, sleep, and restart working. Shutdown does not. My dlink wifi driver does not work in mavericks. I will try and post my kexts tonight, but use them at your own risk. I lifted hem from another Es2l thread. I'm also using flags for my raedon graphics card and it works flawlessly.

Steps -> unibeast installer -> boot flags -> kext beast -> multibeast with user dsdt (still using snow leopard dsdt) on desktop and install bootloader -> update chameleon.org.plist by migrating mountain lion boot flags which I ascertained from an older es2l mountain lion thread. Will post these tonight as well.

Issues: CPU only on at 1.2ghz, and no wifi due to no support from Realtek chipset from the rosewill site. What wifi cards are you all using?

I will try and post my kexts tonight, but use them at your own risk.

Thanks macyo, that would be much appreciated!

I managed to get audio working in the meantime, using the AppleHDA kext from 10.6.2 together with a patched HDAEnabler and an injector (I had to manually insert vendor ID and device ID of my audio controller). I will go in more details and upload the kexts I used, if anyone needs them.

Unfortunately, I'm still having big issues with sleep, shutdown and restart.

As for Wi-Fi, I'm using a Linksys WUSB100 RangePlus Wireless Network USB adapter, which works just perfectly with the Realtek RTL81xx kext (available in Multibeast).
Thanks again for your help! :)

I have audio, but it is considerably muted from my Lion install. How'd I get it? Don't know. I followed someone else's thread where it was suggested:

You will need to download this http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2785
and this : http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2793

Then take AppleHDA.kext from first link and HDAEnabler.kext from second link and put them on desktop run kext beast and restart!!
If you still don't hear no sound go to System Preferences -> Sound and change output for what you need (if you have headphones plugged in front audio jack then choose Headphones if you have them plugged in rear audio jack then choose Line Out)

I did this and the audio did indeed work when I rebooted. it was great for about a day and when I booted up next day I got a kernel panic. Make a long story, short I was able to get it up and running and got error messages about the AppleHDA.kext. I removed it, reran Multibeast and when it rebooted I had muted audio and Sys Pref says I am running a Voodoo Kext. Funny enough it also says I have HDMI audio which I never had before in Lion, though it worked fine in Sno Lep. So, maybe try a Voodoo kext and HDAEnabler? Sorry I can't tell you which kext I have loaded, it won't show up in a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back