1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hello,
I have been looking into upgrading my Hackintosh to 32GB of memory, and wanted to get a G.Skill Trident Z RGB kit since I also use Windows. I have other RGB components in my system such as my case (Evolv X) and my fans (Corsair LL Series). All of m other RGB components remember a setting of some sort that sticks with a reboot. The fans are set to default to a solid color, and the case is running off of its own lighting controller. Is there any way to do this for the Trident Z Modules? Like set it to a certain color and have it retain the setting after a reboot? I've heard G.Skill's own application may have the ability but that wasn’t exactly a supportable claim. At the very least, can I disable the RGB in Windows before switching to macOS to avoid the rainbow effect in my otherwise uniform theme?
I know this isn't the designed use case but I figured it was worth a shot.
Thank you!

I have a similar setup (G.Skill Trident Neo). Sorry to break it to you, but you're probably out of luck for the now (unless you can convince G.Skill to make some changes).

Nothing I've done has been able to change the "default" color from that rolling rainbow effect. The G.Skill utility does work in Windows as expected but it does not "hold". Specifically, once the system has been shut down it will go back to the default. So if you want anything other than the default (including off) you'd have to boot into windows first to allow the software to set it and then reboot to macOS, without powering off.

I've read that Corsair RGB RAM holds its last state if you were motivated enough to switch.

I have a similar setup (G.Skill Trident Neo). Sorry to break it to you, but you're probably out of luck for the now (unless you can convince G.Skill to make some changes).

Nothing I've done has been able to change the "default" color from that rolling rainbow effect. The G.Skill utility does work in Windows as expected but it does not "hold". Specifically, once the system has been shut down it will go back to the default. So if you want anything other than the default (including off) you'd have to boot into windows first to allow the software to set it and then reboot to macOS, without powering off.

I've read that Corsair RGB RAM holds its last state if you were motivated enough to switch.
Yep! I prefer the look of the G.Skill memory so have been using the Windows+Reboot method when it bothers me. Thank you,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back