Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i3-6100
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have 1 Monitor and 1 TV/Monitor, both are Samsung and same size. I will eventually try to run dual monitor setup... but for now 1 of my monitors(the TV) is kind of fuzzy when I try use it. It works well on any other device I have tried it on. Even if I do a screen capture with it where it lookalike terrible quality and then view it on the other monitor it looks totally fine. I am running El Capitan OS

Monitor 1 (Works Perfect on both HDMI ports and the DVI Port): Samsung LT22C350ND/ZA - http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LT22C350ND/ZA-specs

TV/Monitor 2 (Not clear, fuzzy look to the screen): Samsung UN22D5010NF - http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN22D5010NFXZA-specs

A few things I have tried. I went into the Display setting and Resolution was set to Best for Display. I changed it to Scaled and tried all other options. I also changed refresh rate. Any adjusting I did within Display Settings didn't help at all.

Is there anything specific I can try or something obvious that I am missing to see if I can get this work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU: Intel Core i3-6100
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530

Regards

Last edited:
Maybe an overscan/underscan issue? You can tell by verifying that the picture fits exactly on the screen (no border and nothing cropped off).

Samsung screens often do this, but you should be able to disable this in the monitor's settings (usually by naming the input "PC" instead of "TV" or something like that).

Thank you @Fl0r!an looked into that and made the adjustment... worked like a charm! It was the Overscan issue.

What I did to fix it on my Samsung was:
- Pressed Source and moved to the HDMI that the TV was using.
- Pressed Tools once there.
- Select Edit Name and scroll down to PC and select that one... boom done!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back