Contribute
Register

Fusion & Dual Boot, how to do it at the same time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X
CPU
2,2 Ghz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there,

Soon I will start ordering last parts to build my own Hackintosh.

I would like to know if there's a guide for making a Fusion drive with SSD 256Go+HDD 2To for mountain lion 10.8.2.

At the same time I would like to be able to make a dual Boot with windows on another drive HHD 500Go. I think I will try to make a USB bootable with Windows 7 (at the bottom here is what I've found on how to do it.).

the most interesting post I've found about Fusion is :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-drive-using-tonymacx86-tools-chimera-17.html

I will try to make the same with the latest versions :
Mountain Lion 10.8.2 download from the app store
Chimera 1.11.1 package download from TonyMacX86 Downloads
Unibeast 1.6.0 package download from TonyMacX86 Downloads
Multibeast 5.2.1 package download from TonyMacX86 Downloads
Superduper! shareware downloaded from shirt-pocket.com
Pacifist shareware

Hope it works the same.

I think I will make a fusion installation then adding in a second time another drive with windows, is it the best way to do it ?

I don't need any wifi or bluetooth functions.

This my first build sorry if I miss something.

----

I already own a PC with a DVD of windows 7 / SP1 as I won't use it so much (I don't want to buy a new one) is there a way to re-use it, legally ?

--------------------------------------------------------

Win7 + OS X on separate hard drives

Installing on separate hard drives is easy. It does not matter which you install first.
Boot to BIOS and set SATA ports to AHCI, power saving mode to S3, enable HPET and set it to 64 bit mode. Save and exit.

Install Win7, update it get it working 100%. Shutdown, disconnect the Win7 drive.

Connect the OS X drive, install OS X, update it, get it working. Shut down.

Reconnect the Win7 drive. Boot to BIOS and make the OS X drive first in hard drive boot order in BIOS. Save&Exit and continue to boot to Chimera time out screen.

Hit a key to boot Win7, select System Reserved icon (only if you installed Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Business and Windows 7 Enterprise) or the Windows NTFS icon and hit enter. If you would rather the boot process stop and let you select which OS to boot, select Instant Menu in MultiBeast to install.

---------------------------------------

Otherwise I will just make without fusion, just a simple dual boot if it's look like to complicate for a first build ?

---------------------------------------

In the last time I would like to make a HDMI AUDIO
(HD4000) Z77.
How to do it as there's no need for making DSDT file on UP5 TH, I'm a little bit lost...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/84936-easy-guide-ml-hdmi-audio-hd4000-7-series-mb.html

Thanks

I think I will make a fusion installation then adding in a second time another drive with windows, is it the best way to do it ?

If it works then it is best way. :mrgreen:

I already own a PC with a DVD of windows 7 / SP1 as I won't use it so much (I don't want to buy a new one) is there a way to re-use it, legally ?[/QUOTE)
erase the drive in the PC. You are legal as long as you are running the Windows OS on one PC only.

Win7 + OS X on separate hard drives

It is nice to be quoted, thank you.
Since you boot the Fusion build with Chimera, adding Win7 on a second drive is no problems to boot if you follow the instructions you quoted.

In the last time I would like to make a HDMI AUDIO (HD4000) Z77.
How to do it as there's no need for making DSDT file on UP5 TH, I'm a little bit lost...

No DSDT is necessary if you are using onboard audio. You only need a DSDT to get audio over HDMI as Apple doesn't implement this in the OS X. Extracting the DSDT and making the edits (thank you toleda) is what you need for HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back