Contribute
Register

Fusion Drive Update Process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi XQC,
I am able to boot into the 10.9 from the USB stick. Thanks!
Would you please let me know where to get the boot and mach_kernel files from the Unibeast USB Stick?
I don't see these files in there.

Thank you

the mach_kernel file should already be on your fusion drive. You shouldn't need to copy it.
The reason Saratoga can't find it is because I told him to use boot-uuid=null which means it doesn't know where to look for it. I'm afraid I might have been leading people down the wrong path :oops:

Confused. After bios loads I get a screen with icons to pic......for each drive in my machine. If I select one and then use the down arrow key I can choose; Boot, Boot Verbose, Boot Ignore Caches, Boot Single User.....

If I want to type a boot arg do I choose Boot Single User? Okay...then at the prompt what do I type to change the boot=uuid to null -x?

You need to use
-F -x
and try again. I'm betting it'll boot up with those options ;)

You need to use
-F -x
and try again. I'm betting it'll boot up with those options ;)

Tried so many different things. This is crazy.....cause for no logical reason, after I re-installed Mavericks for a 3rd time it booted......I set up a few things.....but essentially it was running.....

Then I rebooted and it wouldn't come back up. It went back to kernel dumping......

Now re-installing again to see if it will "magically" come back up again. I think I'll try patting my head while it's booting.....I'm sure that'll be the trick!

HA!

I would really appreciate a guide on how to update a ML Fusion Drive Hackintosh to Mavericks.

I have Time Machine backups and everything, but I would love to save myself hours of fruitless trial and error :think:

So, anyone?

I would really appreciate a guide on how to update a ML Fusion Drive Hackintosh to Mavericks.

I have Time Machine backups and everything, but I would love to save myself hours of fruitless trial and error :think:

So, anyone?

I'm pretty sure my problem isn't because of Fusion. I can't get my USB Unibeast to boot as Mavericks. It will only let me run the OSX installer. If I could get this solved I could run Multibeast and put a fork in this 12 hour day.....

Stares into space.......:eek:

You shouldn't need the usb stick to boot mavericks. Once you have updated to mavericks you can use the actual fusion drives bootloader.

what are you using to do your backups?

You shouldn't need the usb stick to boot mavericks. Once you have updated to mavericks you can use the actual fusion drives bootloader.

what are you using to do your backups?

Time Machine. I did a restore last night.....took 9 hours....but like I said in my earlier post I could boot back into Mt Lion but something was super f'd up with the Finder.....kept quitting and forcing me to restart but then wouldn't restart. It was caught in a loop.....

Why did you ask though?

I had boot issues too after I first installed, but that was because I didn't update chimera. Finally got back in and installed the latest (2.2.1 I believe) and it's working perfectly now.

Although I just have a single SSD boot drive, not a fusion drive setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back