Contribute
Register

Fun with trying to get this laptop functional!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can assure you I have. I reinstalled clover after deleting OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi then I rebooted. Trust me, it does not even start to boot with AptioMemoryFix.efi. The only one that allows this machine to boot is OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

I can assure you I have. I reinstalled clover after deleting OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi then I rebooted. Trust me, it does not even start to boot with AptioMemoryFix.efi. The only one that allows this machine to boot is OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.
if you have made changes, then you will need to re upload problem reporting files

don't forget to press f2 and f4 at the clover boot screen
in fact, use the gen_debug mentioned in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

If use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, you need add emuvariableuefi.efi and install rc scripts to simulate nvram. Then try to boot with nvda_drv=1 without nv_disable=1.

if you have made changes, then you will need to re upload problem reporting files

don't forget to press f2 and f4 at the clover boot screen
in fact, use the gen_debug mentioned in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Thanks for everyone's responses! I have attached an updated debug file using the gen tool. (I did hit F2/F4 in Clover menu as well)

@ Dsgvsn I have added emuvariableuefi.efi and installed the rc scripts. I noticed a new NVRam file in the EFI folder. However, when I tried to boot with the nvda_drv=1 flag (nv_disable=1 was removed) the screen goes black for a second and then the system auto reboots most of the way through the boot process. The system does boot with nv_disable=1 though. Please advise on further options. Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_26747.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 89
Thanks for everyone's responses! I have attached an updated debug file using the gen tool. (I did hit F2/F4 in Clover menu as well)

@ Dsgvsn I have added emuvariableuefi.efi and installed the rc scripts. I noticed a new NVRam file in the EFI folder. However, when I tried to boot with the nvda_drv=1 flag (nv_disable=1 was removed) the screen goes black for a second and then the system auto reboots most of the way through the boot process. The system does boot with nv_disable=1 though. Please advise on further options. Thanks!
couple of things

you have disabled PluginType, you may want that enabled

also it is possible you may want to disable "change GFX0 to IGPU"

try nvda_drv=1 boot flag

also you may want to install all kexts to /Library/Extensions, remove them from /System/Library/Extensions

read post 2 of the laptop guide about kext installation:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

also try changing MacBookPro10,1 to MacBookPro11,1

couple of things

you have disabled PluginType, you may want that enabled

also it is possible you may want to disable "change GFX0 to IGPU"

try nvda_drv=1 boot flag

also you may want to install all kexts to /Library/Extensions, remove them from /System/Library/Extensions

read post 2 of the laptop guide about kext installation:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

also try changing MacBookPro10,1 to MacBookPro11,1
Thanks for your reply. I have tried out all of the options you provided me. When I enabled PluginType, the system did not boot. It just stuck during the boot cycle. I re disabled it. I also disabled change GFX0 to IGPU, used the nvda_drv=1 boot flag and installed the files to the /Library/Extensions folder. When I used the MacBookPro 11,1 SMBIOS, nothing changed it still did not boot. I also remembered what Rehabman mentioned about using the right SMBIOS for your laptop to ensure PM works correctly so I put back the MacBookPro 10,1 SMBIOS. It seems to be the closest to my system. I have reattached a new problem reporting file from the changes I left on the system. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_14994.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 77
Thanks for your reply. I have tried out all of the options you provided me. When I enabled PluginType, the system did not boot. It just stuck during the boot cycle. I re disabled it. I also disabled change GFX0 to IGPU, used the nvda_drv=1 boot flag and installed the files to the /Library/Extensions folder. When I used the MacBookPro 11,1 SMBIOS, nothing changed it still did not boot. I also remembered what Rehabman mentioned about using the right SMBIOS for your laptop to ensure PM works correctly so I put back the MacBookPro 10,1 SMBIOS. It seems to be the closest to my system. I have reattached a new problem reporting file from the changes I left on the system. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks!
Try to delete boot arguments slide=0 and dart=0. And why you ForceKextsToLoad \System\Library\Extensions\AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext?
This is for igpu.

Attachments

• 83273BE2-EBFC-4130-A985-64C3BAC82375.png
    83273BE2-EBFC-4130-A985-64C3BAC82375.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 50
Try to delete boot arguments slide=0 and dart=0. And why you ForceKextsToLoad \System\Library\Extensions\AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext?
This is for igpu.
So I deleted the boot arguments and readded nvda_drv=1, removed the IntelFramebuffer.kext off the ForceKextsToLoad (It was probably there because I had to use the config.plist off the clover laptop guide.) I also upgraded Clover UEFI to r4558. It does not automatically reboot now, although it gets stuck on a black screen. From what I was reading up on, it was common for desktop systems running nVidia cards using the iMac profiles. I have recreated a new problem reporting file attached with the new changes. What other options do I have? I don't want to give up! Thanks for helping.

Attachments

• debug_6060.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 84
although it gets stuck on a black screen.
Are you have half of the progress bar after verbose, and then get the black screen?
If yes, you can install the teamviewer, after black screen, try to remote control it. If you have a HDMI monitor,you can connect it. If work you can know whether 970M works or not. If work, you can try to inject EDID, or follow this https://github.com/xinyuwufei/Nvidia-900mSeries-Hackintosh .

Hey, Thanks for the response. It does not even make it to the progress bar after verbose. I tried connecting HDMI and it still shows a black screen. I tried to inject the EDID using https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/override-edid-for-display-problem.47200/ and I could not figure out how to get the other option to the Config.plist without it looking all weird in it. No go, it now goes back to an automatic restart. I even tried to inject the GPU properties via DSDT with this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/ and that did not work with and without nvda_drv=1. Same thing. It is crazy how the OS boots with nv_disable=1 so I know its probably just a configuration issue. What else could I be doing wrong or what am I missing? I of course reattached the problem reporting files and the display override file used. Thank you!

Attachments

• debug_27419.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back