Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

in several games, when using the fullscreen-mode (or if they don't even offer anything else than going fullscreen) I'm experiencing that my second monitor goes black and thus is unusable for me.
But I need to have certain windows open in my second monitor, even when I'm playing a game.

Checking "Displays use own spaces" didn't make any difference to this problem. And of course the games I'm talking about don't offer a windowed-fullscreen mode.
e.g. Game of Thrones, or Leisure Suit Larry 1, just to name some which display this problem.

Is there any way to force the game to only use a single monitor and leave the second one for normale OSX-use?

Thanks in advance for the help guys

Best regards,
LilaQ

If a game doesn't have a full-screen windowed mode option in its settings then what may work is to set it to windowed mode then look for an "Enter Full Screen" menu item in the menubar's "View" menu (or try the default Ctrl-Cmd-F keyboard shortcut). This will be very much game dependent so results may vary.

This may work as a workaround for a few, but I have several games that date a little back, like the Leisure Suit Larry game series, or some other old adventures, which don't offer any graphical setup.

The question is, how to force them to use only a single display, and leave the other one free. This has to be accomplishable (ist that a word?) by OSX itself, which gives the game access to the requested display(s). But these game are not meant to be played on dual-monitors, so there has to be a way to prevent them from hogging the unused displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back