Contribute
Register

Full reinstall fixed some but not all....

Anyone got a Gigabyte ZA-z97x-ud7 th running perfect?

• Yes Im in :)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Wifi
CPU
i7-12700
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ok Did a full reinstall from a previously updated version of OS X from Yosemite. Had a plethora of probs mainly USB but none the less clean install cleaned up many of old problems, but one major problem exists , I am getting a stutter in audio and video anytime I open a finder window or any window for that matter..For example when I click on my downloads folder or my placed apps folder in my dock it lags as it opens the 1st time I open it immediately after the first open it goes away? And whenever Im listening to music or any audio based app when I open a new window the audio pauses for a split second? . I can use the computer flawlessly with any app once its up and running but that first click theres an audio and video lag or skip? Ive attached a IOreg file and my config.plist .... Someone please help me out please please please.. been trying to get this thing flawless for over a month and can't seem to get it..

Attachments

• Victor’s iMac.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 65
  • config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 185
Did you run MemTest86 on your memory?

Did you check the disk drive SMART Codes?

Did you setup any IRQs in the BIOS?

Did you install or update the video driver?

Did you run MemTest86 on your memory?

Did you check the disk drive SMART Codes?

Did you setup any IRQs in the BIOS?

Did you install or update the video driver?

Not getting any smart drive codes? And definitely no to IRQ's in bios. And did not run xmem86 but I did swap out my DDR3 memory (have 4 sticks of 8) with 8gigs of new memory with no change? Still having some issues thinking just buy new mobo/ram and cpu for my xmas present lol... bought this setup via tonyMacs suggestions but not working out to be a good combo. I recently built a new Skylake setup which is running flawlessly. Im bout ready to give up, and don't want to revert to el captain :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back