Contribute
Register

Full autosleep support with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD3
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
R6870
Hi all,

my Hackintosh is already running good, but on my asus board the moody autosleep galls me a little bit. The tool "pleasesleep" is no help at all, so you can only say: don´t sleep if itunes running, but like the most of you, itunes running all the time, if playing or not.

I would like to know if a gigabyte board, like the GA-P55A-UD3, support autosleep perfectly? So perfect means for me 100% like a real mac, for example if itunes play music the pc doesn´t go to sleep if not it does and so on. I often stream music to my living room, so it´s not cool if the mac goes sleep after a few tracks but i want to save energy too.

What are your experience with autosleep?

Remark: Yesterday i ordered the MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II, could this component affect autosleep?

Thank you for any kind of feedback! :thumbup:

Auto-sleep doesn't work on mine, plzsleep app does make it work for me though. I did see someone post here and say his autosleep worked so not sure if it was a different bios version or not..

Did you use a DSDT from the database? So if autosleep isn´t running for sure on gigabyte boards too i don´t have to buy one. Autosleep on my mainboard works sometimes, manual sleep without problems!

Some more feedback about this would be nice!

Isn't the brand of the DVD affecting sleep? For sleep to work properly you need a Sony DVD?
Can anyone confim this?
And if this is true whats the best DVD to use?

I'm using sony dvd, F11 bios and DSDT from database... and sleep doesn't automatically work. Manual sleep and wake from bluetooth do... so the plzsleep app works perfectly for me

I don´t think the brand of DVD is affecting sleep functionality.

But with the "plzsleep" app you can´t stream music for a long time, you always have to disable the app for this.

So i don´t have an improvement for sleep support by changing my motherboard to on from gigabyte?! :problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back