Contribute
Register

Full Acceleration for Intel HD 3000 and older NVIDIA Graphics in macOS Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kernel panic after installing legacy video pack in catalina, stucks with apple logo and complete slider.

Reactions: tzh
Legacy video patch isnotworking in catalina 10.15.6 I've tried many time to install os and patch. Pleae help

I have the same core dump nonsense on 10.15.7. It doesn't boot keeps repeating those messages.

Freezes on ex 58 gtx 580 10.15.7 during boot with core dump messages. Kextcache didn't seem to help, what can I try? ps: trying to build cache again maybe there was a problem first time... didn't help. recovery mode did open in nvidia mode though. but boot hangs with denying core dump errors. no idea why. confirm: caused by the graphics patch.

Last edited:
It seems the only solution to avoiding AFMI error is to use Disable Library Validation kext? I booted successfully with that kext. This is for the latest version on github and 10.15.7. I ran the script afterwards, too. This isn't mentioned in the installation instructions?

Last edited:
10.15.7 works for me without any booting issue, system respond very fast:headbang:

I don't think I have full acceleration (everything is so slow?) but it does support Metal. There are some glitches, too, looks like software rendering errors... Was I supposed to get acceleration? ^_^

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 02.58.37.png

I don't think I have full acceleration (everything is so slow?) but it does support Metal. There are some glitches, too, looks like software rendering errors... Was I supposed to get acceleration? ^_^
Change the cra.. GTX 580 for a GT 210 :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back