Contribute
Register

Full Acceleration for Intel HD 3000 and older NVIDIA Graphics in macOS Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any help ???? O have a nvdia Asus gt240, im try It to install this package but i don't have lucky with newsted 10.5.5 Catalina last update , im install a clean install with vanila ... I only run the system with flag nv_disabled=1 ... Any help ? Thanks

someone knows its is works in 10.5.5 the ultimate new version. Im try it with Nvdia Gforce 240 , I didn't to make it work !

Verified for macOS Catalina 10.15.2, the Legacy Video patch package enables full acceleration for Intel HD 3000 and older NVIDIA Cards in macOS Catalina.

This is a Fix for Graphics Intel HD 3000 and fix Old NVIDIA Graphics for macOS Catalina 10.15
Support Graphics Intel HD 3000. Support: GeForce 5xx, 4xx, 2xx, 8600M(GT)/8800M(GT), 9400M/9600M(GT), 320M/330M
For macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta and Release

Warning: this package replaces system files and could render your system unbootable.

Please leave your experiences here in this thread!

EDIT: Latest Legacy Video patch-(xxxxx) pkg attached.

i try for do it works in 10.5.5 the last version of Catalina ... and dindt work .

i try for do it works in 10.5.5 the last version of Catalina ... and dindt work .
From the Rules (which you have already agreed to)

Profiles
  • Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system. Since they are viewable under your avatar they need to kept as small as possible and limited to one system only.

Desktop profile field recommendations:
    • Motherboard: limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming - 1002 - Clover UEFI or Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH - F6.
    • CPU: limited to model number and clock speed if over-clocked, i.e. i7-8700 or i7-8700K OC 4.5 GHz.
    • Graphics: limited to model, i.e. GTX 1070, R9 570, HD 4000, HD 630 or GTX 1060 / HD 630.

• Laptop profile field recommendations:
    • Motherboard: limited to laptop manufacturer name, model, BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. Dell XPS 13 9360 - 2.8.1 - Clover UEFI.
    • CPU: limited to model number and optionally chipset, i.e. i7-7500U or i7-3630QM/HM77.
    • Graphics: limited to model and resolution, i.e. HD 4000 1920 x 1280, HD 630 or GTX 1060/ HD 630 3840 × 2160.

• Some examples of disallowed information are part numbers for anything other than motherboard or laptop, CPU and/or chipset code names, device ids or details for more than one system.
  • Any profile field that contains data that was not previously described as allowed will be edited and/or removed by a moderator without notice. Repeat offenders may have their posting privileges suspended.

Hello, thanks for answering, if any charitable soul wants to help me, I have this PC configuration:
-Motherboard: Older MSI P55-GD65 bootable with legacy Mode.
-8 Gb RAM DDR3.
-NVDIA Geforce GT 240 1 GB PCI Express Graphics Card.
The problem is that when I start the system when it tries to inject the graphic drivers, it restarts automatically, without starting the system over and over again.
I attach my EFI folder, in case someone can tell me what parameters I could modify or any other clue.
Eternally grateful. I try to do running in lasted version of MacOs : Catalina 10.15.5

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 93
Hello, thanks for answering, if any charitable soul wants to help me, I have this PC configuration:
-Motherboard: Older MSI P55-GD65 bootable with legacy Mode.
-8 Gb RAM DDR3.
-NVDIA Geforce GT 240 1 GB PCI Express Graphics Card.
The problem is that when I start the system when it tries to inject the graphic drivers, it restarts automatically, without starting the system over and over again.
I attach my EFI folder, in case someone can tell me what parameters I could modify or any other clue.
Eternally grateful. I try to do running in lasted version of MacOs : Catalina 10.15.5
from the Rules:

Profiles
  • Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system. Since they are viewable under your avatar they need to kept as small as possible and limited to one system only.

Desktop profile field recommendations:
    • Motherboard: limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming - 1002 - Clover UEFI or Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH - F6.
    • CPU: limited to model number and clock speed if over-clocked, i.e. i7-8700 or i7-8700K OC 4.5 GHz.
    • Graphics: limited to model, i.e. GTX 1070, R9 570, HD 4000, HD 630 or GTX 1060 / HD 630.

• Laptop profile field recommendations:
    • Motherboard: limited to laptop manufacturer name, model, BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. Dell XPS 13 9360 - 2.8.1 - Clover UEFI.
    • CPU: limited to model number and optionally chipset, i.e. i7-7500U or i7-3630QM/HM77.
    • Graphics: limited to model and resolution, i.e. HD 4000 1920 x 1280, HD 630 or GTX 1060/ HD 630 3840 × 2160.

• Some examples of disallowed information are part numbers for anything other than motherboard or laptop, CPU and/or chipset code names, device ids or details for more than one system.
  • Any profile field that contains data that was not previously described as allowed will be edited and/or removed by a moderator without notice. Repeat offenders may have their posting privileges suspended.

tried twice..after both try I had to reinstall. Using igpu-HD3000 and details are in profile.

If your 650 is Kepler based it doesn't need the method proposed in this thread. Drivers already in Catalina. Even then the GK106 graphics cards can have glitching problems in Catalina.

For anyone else with a Nvidia Kepler 600 series card here are all the other models that don't need the Legacy Video patch package:
  • GTX 690
  • GTX 680
  • GTX 670
  • GTX 660/Ti
  • GTX 650/Ti
  • GTX 645 (GT 645 is Fermi)
  • GT 640 (GK107/208 core)
  • GT 630 (GK208 core)
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.05.19 AM.png

thank you very much i removed the Nvidia web driver and everything worked perfect including hardware acceleration

I deleted nv_disable=1 from my bootargs, no script used.
To be accurate, it first worked with nv_disable=1 unchecked at boot time, but didn't when I deleted it from config.plist (black screen after a while, so not exactly the same as you). So I had the idea of kext rebuild.
Note that I had more issues trying to cure my issues while booting from the Unibeast key, I don't know what's specific about it, but I recommend applying the Multibeast procedure as soon as you get your system running and boot from your main drive as much as you can — if you can't access your OS, try kextcache -i /Volumes/your_volume_name from Recovery partition.

EDIT: oops! Forgot to say that I'm installing Mojave, things might be different in Catalina — I've read that you're supposed to mount the System drive as Read/Write using Hackintool, so I'd suggest using Hackintool as much as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back