Contribute
Register

Frustrating problem with Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I edit photos with Preview, the image sometimes becomes blank when you close it. Like in the current preview window it looks perfectly fine but when you look in finder, the image is blank. After you close the current preview window and open it again, it becomes blank (just like in finder). I just spent like a good hour or so touching up a picture and this happened. I've tried searching around but I can't seem to find anything on this issue.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's related or not but sometimes this happens too, but it's just a visual glitch and the file does not change. After a few reboots or so the image will look fine again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 4.33.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 4.33.39 PM.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 62
When I edit photos with Preview, the image sometimes becomes blank when you close it. Like in the current preview window it looks perfectly fine but when you look in finder, the image is blank. ...

That "when you look in finder" part might be the clue. Are you using Quick Look to view the image in Finder? (you know, the space bar)

I had a problem with Quick Look a while back and fixed it by reinstalling Quicktime using Pacifist.

Checking files as in the "blank files" or editing the files on a real Mac? The blank files stay blank and editing doesn't cause this blank file problem
Yes I have tried deleting that, saw that online for some solutions to Preview problems

Maybe, when I am editing it, it only "saves" as blank after awhile. But after it becomes blank, even if you cmd+z and save and try to do all sorts of things to save your file, it still saves as blank. The only way I know to save the work is to just take a screenshot and alpha the black borders that are around the image.

Hi Aloau,
Did you ever solve this problem with preview? - I also have tried to delete com.apple.Preview.plist, but no success.:oops:

@mortenbrun, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back