Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey all!

Been a while since I've been on the forums. School and windows 8 getting the best of me. Anyways, I wanted to bring up an issue I've had with my Hackintosh experience ever since I had Lion running on here.

Currently, I have a 5.1 surround sound that kicks butt in OS X Mountain Lion (updated to the latest) through the audio I/O ports on the back of my motherboard. The sound control has a headphone port that also works great with my headset. Only when I try plugging in the green headset port to the front headphone jack on my tower, things get weird.

Audio skips every second or two. I have no issues with this in Windows. It also seems as though my front headphone jack refuses to work. All ports in the back work great with my headset, as long as I manually unplug the surround sound for the headphones. This can get annoying! I like to use my headset for skype conversations.

Any ideas as to how I can enable both functionalities if they were plugged in simultaneously? Perhaps someone out there has experienced the same issues as me. Thanks!

Audio skips every second or two. I have no issues with this in Windows. It also seems as though my front headphone jack refuses to work. All ports in the back work great with my headset, as long as I manually unplug the surround sound for the headphones. This can get annoying! I like to use my headset for skype conversations.
Works as designed. Headphones (green/front) mutes green/rear. Because green/rear is part of an aggregate device, unexpected behavior occurs. Two choices: see 3. Manual Speaker and Headphone Selection in Mountain Lion: Customizing the Optimized AppleHDA or Windoz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back