i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Wanted to report back since I've read many conflicting threads on this issue.

I had a 1050TI that worked fine (except for glitches here and there) in Sierra. Upgraded to High Sierra and performance was terrible. Lag everywhere in the UI, especially Chrome. Tried all the tweaks, nothing worked.

Read that AMD did not have these issues (yet some people reported still having them), so I tried and switched to RX560.

Before switching cards:
  1. I disabled Nvidiaweb in clover.
  2. Enabled the new AMD clover setting(did not use whatever green).
  3. Removed Lilu and Nvidiafix kexts
  4. Shut down
  5. Switched cards
  6. Rebooted, all is well. Every issue is fixed! Even the glitches in Hearthstone.
  7. Uninstalled the Nvidia Web Drivers. Everything still fine.

Glad I switched!

Last edited:
Yes, AMD is king on macOS.

Wanted to report back since I've read many conflicting threads on this issue.

I had a 1050TI that worked fine (except for glitches here and there) in Sierra. Upgraded to High Sierra and performance was terrible. Lag everywhere in the UI, especially Chrome. Tried all the tweaks, nothing worked.

Read that AMD did not have these issues (yet some people reported still having them), so I tried and switched to RX560.

Before switching cards:
  1. I disabled Nvidiaweb in clover.
  2. Enabled the new AMD clover setting(did not use whatever green).
  3. Removed Lilu and Nvidiafix kexts
  4. Shut down
  5. Switched cards
  6. Rebooted, all is well. Every issue is fixed! Even the glitches in Hearthstone.
  7. Uninstalled the Nvidia Web Drivers. Everything still fine.

Glad I switched!

Hey man! I got a question for you.
I'm on Sierra 10.12.6, and yeah, it kinda lags a bit!
Specially resizing windows while having videos playing, like youtube's.
Resizing other windows like qbittorrent, utorrent also showed a lot of lag.

Could you tell me if that's not an issue now that you have the AMD card? I mean, did you have these kind of issues and got them solved?
Also, if I could ask even more of you, could you post a vid, resizing windows on firefox, safari or whatever with a vid playing?
I've always thought this was a macOS issue, now I'm not so certain.
But from seeing how Windows didn't lag at all vs. macOS, I kinda stuck with Windows, though I dualboot.

Anyways, thanks.

Hey man! I got a question for you.
I'm on Sierra 10.12.6, and yeah, it kinda lags a bit!
Specially resizing windows while having videos playing, like youtube's.
Resizing other windows like qbittorrent, utorrent also showed a lot of lag.

Could you tell me if that's not an issue now that you have the AMD card? I mean, did you have these kind of issues and got them solved?
Also, if I could ask even more of you, could you post a vid, resizing windows on firefox, safari or whatever with a vid playing?
I've always thought this was a macOS issue, now I'm not so certain.
But from seeing how Windows didn't lag at all vs. macOS, I kinda stuck with Windows, though I dualboot.

Anyways, thanks.

All my lag issues in the UI went away when I switched to AMD. That is in High Sierra though. In Sierra Nvidia wasn't as bad, but a bunch of weird glitches here and there. Glad I switched. Updates go smoothly too, never need wait for Nvidia driver, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
All my lag issues in the UI went away when I switched to AMD. That is in High Sierra though. In Sierra Nvidia wasn't as bad, but a bunch of weird glitches here and there. Glad I switched. Updates go smoothly too, never need wait for Nvidia driver, etc.
Alright, man!
Thanks a lot!
I just feel the Windows UI seems so much smoother, it's even sad. =/
Maybe I'm gonna stay on win10 until this video card is done, then I'll get an AMD and check macOS again!

Glad I switched!

Just to let you know, I have ordered a RX560 based on your post. If I have problems, I am blaming you. ;-) Just kidding. Thanks for posting this. I am so heavily invested in my Hackintosh that I really need to find a solution to these NVidia cards.. I might even go back to Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back