Contribute
Register

From GTX 1060 to RX 560...what do I need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170M-DS3H
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
Gigabyte RX-560 4GB
I have a GTX 1060 currently and using LiLu and NVidiaGraphicsFixUp along with NVidia Web drivers. I have an RX 560 that I want to switch to because I don't game and I'd rather have a better experience when software updates come along.

So what steps in order do I need to do when switching to the RX 560 without messing things up?

Thanks in advance.

edit: If it makes a difference, I have a Gigabyte RX 560 Gaming OC 4G, Skylake CPU, and a Gigabyte GA-H170M-DS3H motherboard.

Last edited:
I think your mileage may vary, I can tell you what worked for me, but I am on older hardware than you which may or may not matter. Run the uninstalled for the Nvidia drivers but don't reboot. Mount you EFI partition and remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and whatever other Nvidia kext you may have. Make sure you have Lilu.kext and add the latest Whatevergreen.kext then safe your config.plist and reboot. I had to add this -rad4200 as a custom flag under Boot in my config.plist to get rid of random freezing, but not everyone experiences that so you may want to start without it.

I have actually changed things, I am no longer using Lilu or Whatevergreen kext but have enabled RadeonDeInit in the graphics section of my config.plist in an effort to see if the random freezing I am experiencing goes away. I also removed the -rad4200 custom flag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back