CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the hackintosh project. I recently modded a G5 and built my first true hackintosh. Here are my specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H running the F8 UEFI
CPU: Ivy Bridge i5 3570k
GPU: Onboard HD 4000
Memory: Corsair Dominator LP 2x4 GB (1600)
Boot Drive: 250GB Seagate HDD 7200 RPM
Storage Drive: 250GB Seagate HDD 7200 RPM
Wifi Card: TP-link TL-WDN4800

I bought and installed Mountain Lion fresh via the Unibeast 1.5 method. The install went great, no hitches whatsoever. I got into the OS, set it up with iCloud and everything. I ran Multibeast using the UserDSDT without a DSDT on the desktop like I am supposed to. After updating Chimera to 1.11.0 for native HD 4000 support, I rebooted the machine. I unplugged my USB stick and rebooted my machine. Now using -v, my boot hangs on ATHR: Unknown Locale: 21. Googling the error tells me that it is my wi-fi card. Any suggestions for me? Thank you in advance.

i am having the same problem as you, i am troubleshooting now and will let you know what i come up with.

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the hackintosh project. I recently modded a G5 and built my first true hackintosh. Here are my specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H running the F8 UEFI
CPU: Ivy Bridge i5 3570k
GPU: Onboard HD 4000
Memory: Corsair Dominator LP 2x4 GB (1600)
Boot Drive: 250GB Seagate HDD 7200 RPM
Storage Drive: 250GB Seagate HDD 7200 RPM
Wifi Card: TP-link TL-WDN4800

I bought and installed Mountain Lion fresh via the Unibeast 1.5 method. The install went great, no hitches whatsoever. I got into the OS, set it up with iCloud and everything. I ran Multibeast using the UserDSDT without a DSDT on the desktop like I am supposed to. After updating Chimera to 1.11.0 for native HD 4000 support, I rebooted the machine. I unplugged my USB stick and rebooted my machine. Now using -v, my boot hangs on ATHR: Unknown Locale: 21. Googling the error tells me that it is my wi-fi card. Any suggestions for me? Thank you in advance.

Installing chimera caused me problems too.. dont install chimera.. just user dsdt.
http://youtu.be/GtEIpoyOqSg watch this video for more details

I am in the same boat. Same MoBo - used a tonymac build. Install went great - machine restarted to Mountain Lion like a champ, but after running MultiBeast I get this same hang. I guess I'll open the case and pull my WiFi card. Can I undo whatever changes MultiBeast and Chimera did to my system?
Another question - my USB stick that I used for the install is not being recognized by my system in any USB port so it seems I can't just do the install from scratch. My keyboard and mouse are showing up and behaving normally. Thanks in advance - Rick

Look for something else cause this ATHR error can't be at fault, it's just a warning. Try booting with UseKernelCache=No -f -v

in BIOS
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
disable VT-d

You're the man. How the hell did you know that?

I was having an ATHR: unknown locale: 10 issue and setting VT to disabled also worked on my GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard (updated to UEFI)

My 787X-D3H has vt-d enabled and greyed out, so I disabled Intel Virtualization. Weird thing is I've been running this machine for a few weeks without disabling it and the problem started after I booted into Windows, then back to OSX. Upon startup, my naga mouse was undected, had to unplug/replug and had to re-enable the wifi.

Just booted into Windows again and back to OSX w/o problems. Had to be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back