Graphics
Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My graphics card is fine, and I have QE/CI working. Also, on a Snow Leopard partition everything is okay. But in Lion for some reason the GUI is choppy.

Symptoms:

-mouse feels like it responds at a rate of ~10 fps, and often freezes for a second or two

-scrolling is okay but intertial scrolling (releasing your finger from MM) pauses for half a second, and then starts 'scrolling' at ~20 fps

-while typing, I'm usually a word ahead of what's on the screen

Cinebench scores aren't that bad (about 25 fps, when they should be 29-30), and playing movies and games are fine. Also, if I open iTunes and play a song, the GUI is smooth again! Since I re-installed Lion, I've been listening to music non stop!

It's really just the GUI. QE/CI are working too. I get the ripples and the translucent menu bar but a choppy UI.

My specs are displayed to the left. I'm running 10.7.3 and I've installed the 10.7.3 Combo OpenCL Enabler on a fresh UniBeast UserDSDT install. Using Chimera 1.9.1. Also, my org.chameleon.Boot.plist looks like:

Code:
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

and my SMBIOS:

Code:
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>Mac Pro</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>MacPro3,1</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>G88451235J4</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>

Any ideas? I've posted here and tried this with no luck.

I've changed a few things, still to no avail.

I've changed my SMBIOS to MacPro5,1 and have re-eneabled AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, while editing it so that the MacPro5,1 Vendor ID matched up with the Vendor ID of my graphics card. (doing this) Still nothing.

Seriously at my witt's end. Also for some reason my Cinebench scores are at 15 fps. :confused:

EDIT:

Okay, now my Cinebench score is 27 fps. Feeling like this install is super unstable.

EDIT:

Unigine score is 22.8 fps (score: 573)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back