Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been running a hackintosh I built at least 4 years ago. I used the traditional uni/multibeast setup to install 10.6 originally, and now it's on 10.8.2. It's getting long in the tooth and I'd like to get it running El Capt on a fresh hard drive.

Is there anything that's a red flag in my build that would not survive from the original hardware/multibeast configuration to a new clover based El Capt install?

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
i5-2500K (LGA 1155)
GTX 670
4x4gb ram

I too have older, 6 series hardware. Created usb install drive using unibeast with legacy mode. UEFI mode wouldn't boot from usb for me.
Didn't change much in BIOS either. Even kept the overclock settings.
Install was pretty straight forward, didn't have to unplug my windows drives, bluetooth, or even other accessories.

Intel i5 2500k
Asus Maximus-IV Gene-Z/Gen3
4x4GB 1600Mhz Mushkin Black Line
~240GB Mushkin Chronos SSD
XFX 7970 DoubleD
Corsair K65 RGB, Corsair M65, Logitech C910 WebCam, Wired XBox 360 controller, Asus USB Bluetooth

Pretty much followed the steps in the guide below. Always chose legacy option.
I also installed CloverALC110 for audio, but it may have already been working and I just missed it.
In CloverConfigurator just made a change to unregistered serial and smbios.

Somehow even iMessage and facetime works, partially, can't start conversations or make facetime calls. However, receiving calls or participating in already created conversations seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back