Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hiberante Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

I boot up and I get this crazy screen! Been at this for a whole month and it keeps getting worse! :banghead:

IMG_8238.jpg

Please help...and end me of this misery! :cry:

In my humble experience many things that look like kernel panic are related to not using the correct flags or problems with Chimera itself not installing correctly for whatever reason. Most users of hardware analogous to what Apple supports should not have to resort to esoterica like editing plists or hunting down exotic kexts to achieve basic functionality.

If you have not already tried to do so see if you can boot into your Yosemite install via Unibeast and the appropriate flags for your motherboard and video card. Many people who post with problems are using what seem to me odd flag combinations.

If you can get to the desktop one thing that has worked for me is to reinstall Chimera using the stand-alone installer. Others may scoff but this has salvaged installations for me. Not always but simple to try.

I have frequently had problems installing too many items at once with MB in all versions of OSX. Ergo:

You may want to reinstall however you did so that you could boot to the Yosemite desktop via UB to begin with. I would then recommend installing items one by one with MB starting only with what is needed to boot off the internal drive. That is usually the DSDT free package, Chimera and make sure the correct flags are ticked off (most are by default) but review the specifics for your motherboard and video card. Once you can boot off the internal drive one by one go for networking, audio and then other issues like USB 3 generally in that order. Anything else is up to you. I would make sure there is at least a Time Machine backup (cloning software is not without its problems either) once I can boot off the internal drive and have those three things functioning because it is easier to restore than reinstall (there are issues sometimes with the initial boot of a restored OS but they are not difficult to solve). If you are obsessive you may want to make a Time Machine back up at every successful stage of the install process.

Once you have Yosemite running I hope you have an idea what you want to do with it. I assure you that the amazing tools on this website work. Most installation problems are due to basic errors.

Once you have Yosemite running I hope you have an idea what you want to do with it. I assure you that the amazing tools on this website work. Most installation problems are due to basic errors.

Thanks for replying! I booted up this morning and it worked! I have no idea why. I did nothing after posting this.

At the moment I'm running fine but I get these random freezes! It's happened 3 or 4 times. Twice while installing Final Cut Pro! I have no idea why it is crashing. Is there a way to pin point what may be causing it? Is there a crash log for Yosemite?

I'm a designer and needed to replace my old MBP but didn't want to spend another 2k. So I'll be loading up Adobe and several other programs I use regularly. No crazy gaming. But I just need a work horse for video and graph editing.

Thanks for replying. I like the idea of using Time Machine. I'll be sure to do that right away since I think I need to install USB 3.0 from MB and I am afraid of it screwing up what I have now. Is there a way to remove things you install with MB without having to reinstall Yosemite all over again?

Thanks for replying! I booted up this morning and it worked! I have no idea why. I did nothing after posting this.

At the moment I'm running fine but I get these random freezes! It's happened 3 or 4 times. Twice while installing Final Cut Pro! I have no idea why it is crashing. Is there a way to pin point what may be causing it? Is there a crash log for Yosemite?

I'm a designer and needed to replace my old MBP but didn't want to spend another 2k. So I'll be loading up Adobe and several other programs I use regularly. No crazy gaming. But I just need a work horse for video and graph editing.

Thanks for replying. I like the idea of using Time Machine. I'll be sure to do that right away since I think I need to install USB 3.0 from MB and I am afraid of it screwing up what I have now. Is there a way to remove things you install with MB without having to reinstall Yosemite all over again?

Look in the utilities folder for the Console that can show you real time errors and past log files when its crashed then you can google from there. kernel panics I think are still named panic.log in the /library/logs, it might be as simple as trashing preferences and clearing caches as these can become corrupted, also remember to try and fix permissions with Disk utility etc.
Hope that helps..

Look in the utilities folder for the Console that can show you real time errors and past log files when its crashed then you can google from there. kernel panics I think are still named panic.log in the /library/logs, it might be as simple as trashing preferences and clearing caches as these can become corrupted, also remember to try and fix permissions with Disk utility etc.
Hope that helps..
Oh wow! Yeah! I never knew what Console app was for. So I'm totally new to this. What do I look for when I am searching for my latest crash. I see the logs but none of it makes any sense to me. Thanks!!!!

Hi, I have the same board, but I'm using core i5 and Geforce GTX 750. Everything running smooth. From a thread that I read, use the System Definition 14,2 its the best for our system. I checked also this model, looks similar to the Hackintosh. While on Multibeast I got some freeze from time to time. Using clover now for a month and everything is working perfect . If you need help for clover, I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back