Contribute
Register

Fresh install randomly locks up/shuts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570k
Graphics
Intel HD4000
System:

ASRock Z77E-ITX
Intel HD4000
8GB memory
Samsung 830 SSD

Followed the Opencore guide, system randomly locks up and I have to reboot, or if I leave it on it'll eventually turn off. Sometimes it'll work 8 hours with zero problems, sometimes it's 2, after I reboot sometimes it locks up again in 20 minutes, some times 4+ hours. But it's locked up multiple times every day since I installed a few weeks ago. It'll even lock up when I'm not on it. I don't see any pattern, sometimes I'm on Safari, or Serato, or in a Terminal checking files. Lock up. Windows 10 runs without problems on this box. My CPU temp's 40-43c max, when it locks up a few times I went right into the BIOS and the cpu was hovering around 40c. I ran Memtest86 overnight with no errors. I'm a DOS/Windows guy so troubleshooting OSX is definitely new to me, so I'm kind of stuck what to try next. Not sure what's needed, but this is my EFI folder and the report from IOReg. The only thing I did outside the Opencore guide was the Kexts for my NIC, the guide didn't have any instructions to get Broadcom adpters working. As far as post install, I did the power management thing and it says it's working. I haven't tried to do anything else post install.

There's no kernel panics or anything in the crash log, not sure how to decypher the rest of the logs so I wouldn't know what would be relevant to post here. I don't know if this matters, but I'm still booting off the USB stick, I have an ASRock and have to do some weird process to get my system to boot from the HD. I haven't gotten around to getting a 2nd USB stick yet so I can make a Linux and replace the Bootloader. I don't think that has anything to do with the problem, but I'm just guessing here.

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
  • EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
In the hopes somebody still might reply. I've been playing more with it and it's still randomly locking up. I did change the SMBIOS to iMac13,1. Was 13,2 before. But Googling read 13,2's for computers with a dedicated graphics card, and I'm using HD4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back