Register

Fresh install on P55M-UD2: Everything works but shut down and restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosemite for my system seems to be unreliable. :'(
Random Kernel Panics at boot up.
Random hanging while using.
No Sleep/Wake.
I really like the Yosemite features but just can't simply make it work properly. :'(
Back to Lion...

Cougarcat, besides the sound, what about 1080 display Support, ethernet kext, CMOS reset and 3rd party SATA options in Multibeast? Your gpu does not work out of the box? Mine does but given how unstable the system was (shutting down / restarting) I installed the Nvidia web drivers.

Cougarcat, besides the sound, what about 1080 display Support, ethernet kext, CMOS reset and 3rd party SATA options in Multibeast? Your gpu does not work out of the box? Mine does but given how unstable the system was (shutting down / restarting) I installed the Nvidia web drivers.

As I said, I didn't need any of that, and never have. My 5850 worked out of the box.

I found this solution posted by fiat84b "Under System Preferences > Energy Saver > check the "Start up automatically after a power failure" box. The check box was changed to unchecked during the upgrade to 10.9 and this solution has been a historical sleep fix for the P55M-UD2."
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-gigabyte-p55m-ud2-f11-mavericks-install.html

For me sleep is working right know after the fix from fiat84b. What I can´t figure out is why the sound is not working for me.

Edit: Now sound is working I only change the settings under System Preferences>Audio>Output to Built in and now is working.

For me sleep is working right know after the fix from fiat84b. What I can´t figure out is why the sound is not working for me.

Sorry if this is obvious, but did you go into the Sound panel and select the output? I had to do this after upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back