Contribute
Register

Fresh install of macOS Catalina on a Lenovo M93P Tower (not Tiny)

your EFI folder would normally be in an EFI partition which is hidden if you have installed your system UEFI

hackintool can be used to mount the efi partition
Thanks...I used the Hackintool to mount and find it. Hopefully I did it correctly.

See attached zip.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 6
Thanks...I used the Hackintool to mount and find it. Hopefully I did it correctly.

See attached zip.
open up terminal and enter this command and press enter (type in password and enter)

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

and copy and paste the results here

looking at your image, they are not setup correctly

also should only have 15 ports max
So Houston, I have a problem I guess....lol

I will run through the procedure as you posted above.

Question for you...when I ran the post installation MultiBeast for Catalina (v12.3.0), it asked me to select the drivers required. In that section, there is a USB set of drivers which I did not recognize.
- 3rd Party USB 3.0
- 7/8/9 Series USB Support
- Remove XHCI USB port Limit
- USBInjectAll

Should I have selected -USBInjectAll to help or correct this?

So Houston, I have a problem I guess....lol

I will run through the procedure as you posted above.

Question for you...when I ran the post installation MultiBeast for Catalina (v12.3.0), it asked me to select the drivers required. In that section, there is a USB set of drivers which I did not recognize.
- 3rd Party USB 3.0
- 7/8/9 Series USB Support
- Remove XHCI USB port Limit
- USBInjectAll

Should I have selected -USBInjectAll to help or correct this?
do the command I mentioned above and we can go from there :)

open up terminal and enter this command and press enter (type in password and enter)

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

and copy and paste the results here

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpeg
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
that good

ok, now grab USBInjectAll.kext and pop it in:
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other

also you are going to need to follow the USB setup guide to add in the "Port-Limit Removal Patch"

which is all explained in:

that good

ok, now grab USBInjectAll.kext and pop it in:
EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other

also you are going to need to follow the USB setup guide to add in the "Port-Limit Removal Patch"

which is all explained in:
I have brought over all the tools needed but I am not figuring this out.

I did read that with OC 0.9.3, this USB port bug is resolved and I would like to move up from Catalina to Monterey or Ventura.

Wondering if you think it would be worth the time investment tot get an OC0.9.3 install going using a newer macOS vs what I am fighting with
Ken

I have brought over all the tools needed but I am not figuring this out.

I did read that with OC 0.9.3, this USB port bug is resolved and I would like to move up from Catalina to Monterey or Ventura.

Wondering if you think it would be worth the time investment tot get an OC0.9.3 install going using a newer macOS vs what I am fighting with
Ken
yes, move on to using opencore

you still need to do the usb port setup though

yes, move on to using opencore

you still need to do the usb port setup though
So is OC replacing UniBeast/MultiBeast as they are obsolete?

one of the issues I was having was the name of the drivers had no relation to the drivers I saw in the post install side…is there any documentation that helps with what hardware need which KEXTS to run properly?

That seems to be a common theme in some of the forums I have been searching.

With OC, should I try installing the latest I.e. Sonoma or stick with Ventura If you were me?

regards,
Ken

So is OC replacing UniBeast/MultiBeast as they are obsolete?

one of the issues I was having was the name of the drivers had no relation to the drivers I saw in the post install side…is there any documentation that helps with what hardware need which KEXTS to run properly?

That seems to be a common theme in some of the forums I have been searching.

With OC, should I try installing the latest I.e. Sonoma or stick with Ventura If you were me?

regards,
Ken
opencore is replacing clover as a bootloader

in fact latest versions of clover needs elements of opencore mashed in to make later versions of macOS to work

best to go straight over to using opencore

with your haswell CPU, then the latest you should use is Monterey

needed kexts:

Lilu
VirtualSMC
Whatevergreen
AppleALC
Ethernet kext
USBInjectAll for port mapping, then use USBPorts.kext (remove USBInjectAll)

Back