Motherboard
OSX 10.11.5
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780 x2
Mac
  1. iMac
I created an install USB following the guide and went to use it to run a fresh install on my hard drive. I load into the installer and erase the target drive as the guide says, the installer starts but says it will take about 4 min, with about 2 min left the installation stops and it restarts and the clover boot menu gives the option to "boot macOS install" from the drive I was attempting to install High Sierra on.

Any clue as to what's going on?

I created an install USB following the guide and went to use it to run a fresh install on my hard drive. I load into the installer and erase the target drive as the guide says, the installer starts but says it will take about 4 min, with about 2 min left the installation stops and it restarts and the clover boot menu gives the option to "boot macOS install" from the drive I was attempting to install High Sierra on.

Any clue as to what's going on?

Select that option on the Clover menu and the installation should continue.

which option? If I choose the target disk (the one I am trying to install HS on, it just hangs at the apple logo). If I reload the USB install, it appears to start over. I just made a new USB and till give it another go. I will also try what you suggested without reformatting the target HD.

new flash drive worked, but now when I click on the HS HD from the boot loader menu it hangs at a black screen with a full white loading bar but doesn't go to log in screen. I'll do a verbose boot and try to take some screen shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back