1. 512K
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
Hey all - I am doing a fresh install on my machine that recently ran Sierra with no problem - all major features worked great.

I decided to flatten it and do a complete clean install of High Sierra and I am having a heck of a time. I created the MultiBeast USB stick w/ the High Sierra bits and I can't get it to install. I am following the guide, but I believe it's unclear as during the many times you need to reboot, I think it's critical you choose the proper partition - but that is not mentioned anywhere in the guide.
  • Boot to Multibeast
  • Use Disk Utility to format my SSD as HFS. Exit DU and start High Sierra Install
  • The install starts.
  • Reboot
  • Using clover choose the SSD that I am doing to the install on
  • The install proceeds
  • Reboot...choose that same SSD partition from clover and I get stuck about at the black screen w/ the white apple logo and progress bar. I get stuck w/ progress at about 80%.
Doesn't High Sierra create an additional partition(s) that you need to boot to in order to proceed at some point? Been trying everything but I am still not making progress. I am pretty sure there is an order of which partition you need to boot from and when in the process...but I can't figure it out.

Last edited:
Reboot...choose that same SSD partition from clover and I get stuck about at the black screen w/ the white apple logo and progress bar. I get stuck w/ progress at about 80%.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Thanks @BreBo See attached

Attachments

• IMG_8993.JPG
    IMG_8993.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back