Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I would very much appreciate any help, i'm pulling my hair out!

I previously installed Snow Leopard on my Acer 8735G, worked like a charm except for the Intel 5100 wifi.
Since then have wiped my system and have just windows 7.

I went to reinstall SL as per Tonys guide however when using both iBoot and iBoot legacy, it will not get past Mounting:Done... I cannot even get to the disk swap.... I had and no problems with this the first time and am using the same CD as previously... I have no hardware changes and have no external inputs plugged in.

I have checked all BIOS options and is running AHCI and not too many other options to change.

Please please please... can someone give me some tips on what else to try a I am the end of my tether with this.

I searched the forums but every one else had an error after this... mine just stops on the mounting done and stops spinning the CD drive.

Many Thanks in advance

Jamie

P.S

Have just checked that the iBoot CD is fine, I tested it in VMWare and it ran fine...

Please help

Well.... I removed the HDD from my laptop and iBoot boots fine... any idea of a way around this as I want to install on my main HDD....

So Confused!

You have Windows on the drive already? OS X 10.6.x/10.7.x won't install on a MBR partition table. You will have to either reformat the drive and install OS X and Win7 again or get an external drive for the OS X.
External drive method to get OS X on MBR drive with Win7.
1. Use Win7 disk management tools to create a partition for OS X.
2. Format external drive in 2 partitions, GUID Mac OS Extended (journaled).
3. Install OS X to first partition. Download your favorite cloning software (CCC or SuperDuper will work).
4. Create a backup on the second partition.
5. Restore the backup to the Win7 drive partition.

Cons to doing it this way:
Apple update won't work. You will have to download individual and combo updates and install manually.
It is not as stable as installing on GUID.
Troublesooting boot problems for either OS is much harder.
If one OS needs to be re-installed, chances are you will have to re-install both.

I have had Lion 10.7.2 installed and working fine during some months, but a few days ago I've soffered the same problema, booting from HDD, booting from rBoot, and iBoot, with USB sticks that boot perfect in another Laptops.

It's very stange. I'm not sure if I've modified any thing in my HDD partition. I thinkd I didn't, but now it's impossible to boot again. Simply it stops after "mounting: done"

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back