Contribute
Register

Fresh Install High Sierra on HP 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I tried creating the installer on a USB3 stick and even a USB2 stick

The system keeps rebooting.
What do I need to provide to analyse this problem?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• Screenshots.zip
    14.1 MB · Views: 248
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 261

I read this in the hotpatch guide:
- Some laptops will need to use the alternate DropTables as mentioned in the guide. Likely required for Sandy Bridge models with turbo boost enabled CPUs (eg. Core i5-2xxx, Core i7-2xxx, but not Core i3-2xxx).

So I thought I didn't need to do anything more since I have a Core i3.

So I used the alternate DropTables in your Guide:
Some systems may need to drop some of the OEM SSDTs. This happens most frequently with Sandy Bridge systems (but not all). There are two configurations for DropTables in the provided config.plist files. The default is minimal. The alternate is named #DropTables and is a bit more aggressive. Each configuration resides in config.plist/ACPI. You can use the alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables (in that order). Depending on how the OEM labels the tables, this may or may not work. If you still have issues, set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. You will need to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true) to use DropOem=true or the alternate DropTables.

I had to do the rename thing.

I can finally boot the installer.
Thx

I read this in the hotpatch guide:
- Some laptops will need to use the alternate DropTables as mentioned in the guide. Likely required for Sandy Bridge models with turbo boost enabled CPUs (eg. Core i5-2xxx, Core i7-2xxx, but not Core i3-2xxx).

So I thought I didn't need to do anything more since I have a Core i3.

So I used the alternate DropTables in your Guide:
Some systems may need to drop some of the OEM SSDTs. This happens most frequently with Sandy Bridge systems (but not all). There are two configurations for DropTables in the provided config.plist files. The default is minimal. The alternate is named #DropTables and is a bit more aggressive. Each configuration resides in config.plist/ACPI. You can use the alternate by renaming DropTables->##DropTables and renaming #DropTables->DropTables (in that order). Depending on how the OEM labels the tables, this may or may not work. If you still have issues, set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true. You will need to set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true) to use DropOem=true or the alternate DropTables.

I had to do the rename thing.

I can finally boot the installer.
Thx

With my i3-2310m, I do not need the alternate DropTables.
But I didn't even notice you have the same CPU as my 4530s. I made the suggestion just because the symptoms sounded like the CPU related SSDT issue.

It may depend on your BIOS version.
Perhaps you don't have the latest BIOS installed (as required by the Probook guide).

I installed the latest BIOS as required by the guide.
My BIOS version is F.65 Rev.A which came out on 22-02-2018.
I'm wondering if this is because of Spectre and Meltdown.
Anyway if somebody has the same issue and has the latest BIOS they will know what to do.

If I remember correctly, I'm still on F60.
It may be something else in BIOS options. You should insure you set BIOS as per guide.

Did you have to do anything to get your audio working?
I already tried:
Audio: After installing new/updated kexts or after the initial installation, you may lose audio.

To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

- reboot normally (if needed, two times)

But no Audio Devices found

Did you have to do anything to get your audio working?
I already tried:
Audio: After installing new/updated kexts or after the initial installation, you may lose audio.

To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

- reboot normally (if needed, two times)

But no Audio Devices found

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back