Contribute
Register

Fresh install and I'm still getting an error from before, how is this possible :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sabertooth x99
CPU
Intel i7-5820k
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello! This panic started a while ago and at first I just ignored it, but it has been driving me crazy lately. I tried everything I could think of to fix it, but no luck. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I originally thought it was an issue with the NVMeGeneric.kext , but then I tried replacing that with the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext

I'm not really sure what is causing this, because it wasn't happening before and I didn't really make any hardware or software changes that I think would trigger this.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. I'll be back to check the thread after I make some dinner.

ktYFf9e.png

Attachments

• Apple Report.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 60
So I tried to completely get rid of any trace of NVMeGeneric on my computer and Clover Kext folder. It doesn't exsit in any of the usual kext locations, but I still get this error when logging in. After troubleshooting it for hours I made a new user and found out that it doesn't give the Apple restart error report on a different account. It still gives me the shutdown error though, but I'm not worried about that, my apps are mainly complaining about the other one.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I tried rebuilding my kernel cache and clearing my nvram, any help would be appreciated :)

I spent all day doing a fresh install of 10.12.2 (which I wasn't even running before) and I still get this error when I log in. This is a completely fresh install, no trace of the genericnvme.kext ever being on this partition. The EFI bootloader just has the kexts I need. How is this possible? Is there anyway it could be coming from another drive in my computer? No right? iCloud? I just don't get it...

Update again, so I found out that I only get this error when I have my Windows drive plugged in, if I unplug it, it boots fine. I'm not really sure why, because I still can't find this kext anywhere. I'm probably going to just try and clone the drive and see what happens if I do a fresh install, if no one knows. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back