Ati Radeon Sapphire 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Cant create USB from Unibeast

Hello there. I ve succesfully update from Yosemite to El Capitan through Clover updating method but... I cannot make a bootable usb. I need it for future installations or any problem. I tried tu use Unibeast but it get stuck copying files (i tried several ports and flash drives). I tried Diskmaker 5 who creates it "succesfully" but when i trie to install y get freeze on a gray screen. And i tried through terminal "createinstallmedia" but i get the same results of waiting on a gray screen. Can anyone help me? Is really only one way to create a Bootable el capitan?
And the list of solutions doesnt help me very much...
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 4.05.20 PM.png

Thank you

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 6.15.55 PM.png

Hello there. I ve succesfully update from Yosemite to El Capitan through Clover updating method but... I cannot make a bootable usb. I need it for future installations or any problem. I tried tu use Unibeast but it get stuck copying files (i tried several ports and flash drives). I tried Diskmaker 5 who creates it "succesfully" but when i trie to install y get freeze on a gray screen. And i tried through terminal "createinstallmedia" but i get the same results of waiting on a gray screen. Can anyone help me? Is really only one way to create a Bootable el capitan?
And the list of solutions doesnt help me very much...
View attachment 173752

Thank you
Download OS X from app store, if installer opens on desktop after download close it. El Cap. should now be in applications folder so down load latest UniBeast and run it.

I think you dont understand that thats exactly what i did.
Thanks anyway

So you are saying you downloaded it to update from yosemite and once you were updated to El Cap. you downloaded it again to make your USB?

I saved it before updating. Why? Is this important?

I saved it before updating. Why? Is this important?
Yes, the OS X has to be in application folder for UniBeast to find, saving and moving it around sometimes changes it so as not to work...Best method on building any USB redownload to application folder,close it if it opens on desktop and do the USB build. You will need to delete any copies you have in applications and empty trash before redownload. This is just my way and I have had less problems ,might not be only way.

Also, at some point in the not too distant past, one of the Apple signing certificates expired or was revoked, so any Install El Cap app downloaded before that date can no longer be used. Best bet, like you've been advised, is to delete any one you downloaded before, download a fresh one, and try again.

I've tried yersterday when i download through yosemite the app to install el capitan, I tried to make a bootable with unibeast whith that error. Today i update with the clover update method and tried with the app that is placed in the applications folder but nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back