Contribute
Register

Fresh 6870 install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no offense but you just seem to act like the "smart" guy.
If some one have question and i know the answer i just help, dont send him search the forum... its a bit rude in my opinion.
just try to help, like this forum help you.

back to topic

like you say "Seems all these have the same device id"
So i m going to be sure.
Some brands change the reference card design on OC versions or revision 2+ models , so the best way to be sure all work well is testing.

OK so I am not sure where or who you are referring to there freituk but there are a lot of people who do not use the search and just expect instant answers right when they ask them. That is why you were probably directed to use the search form. If you did then so be it and move on.

As you can see some info was posted to help you out.

The 6870 cards so far have been working, even a couple of 2GB ones. The best chance you have to seeing if an unlisted card works is to google it or try it your self. If it doesn't work after you have tried it send it back and get a 100% referenced card working OOB so you wont have no worries.

If you have an issue with somebody please take it up in PM. If somebody chooses not to help you and says to search for it so be it. That's their choice not to help.

eelhead said:
OK so I am not sure where or who you are referring to there freituk but there are a lot of people who do not use the search and just expect instant answers right when they ask them. That is why you were probably directed to use the search form. If you did then so be it and move on.

I didnt ask for help in this topic, i m just trying to defend the user who asked about this card (as i m about to test mine), its a valid question, i did my self the same question 2 weeks ago when i order my card, and using the search i couldnt find the right answer and i searched in other hackforuns too.

As you can see some info was posted to help you out.
Once again i didnt ask any help

The 6870 cards so far have been working, even a couple of 2GB ones. The best chance you have to seeing if an unlisted card works is to google it or try it your self. If it doesn't work after you have tried it send it back and get a 100% referenced card working OOB so you wont have no worries.

Exactly that what i did. Hope i dont need to send it back :)

If you have an issue with somebody please take it up in PM. If somebody chooses not to help you and says to search for it so be it. That's their choice not to help.

here i have to disagree, when you ask on a forum for help, i think its more easy for every one, if you dont want to help, you just dont answer, the time you take writing- i dont want to help, use the search- its a waist of time for every body.
In the other hand if i send you a msg, you have the right to not help me.

Just to finish,
i dont want to start a war, if i offend some1 I wanted to apologize. English is not my main language, maybe i m not using the right words to express my self.
Peace <3

grtitan said:
Should I do this? (Please see attached file)

This is how i made it to this point:
1-boot with iBoot
2-Install from 10.6.0 DVD
3-Installed 10.6.7 update
4-Ran Easybeast, nothing else selected.
5-restart with iboot, since chimera did not load.
6-installed andy ati pkcg
7-added duckweed to plist
8-chimera and qe/ci worked ok.

But, dvd and geekbench won run at all.

So, again I ask, should i do this as pointed on the pic or should i do something else?

thanks!

Can someone please answer my question?

colorfuel said:
xxx-xxxxx said:
Wow, THX. After re-installing my Triple Boot Hackintosh I finally managed to get this XFX 6870 940 Mhz Core 1024 MB DDR5 DisplayPort Black Edition HD-687A-ZDBC Card working, due to your description! :clap: :thumbup:

Hi,

I'm curious, what card do you really have.

You say you have the ZDBC, which is a dual-fan card.

But you link to the ZNFC, which is the standard edition

And then there is also the ZNBC, which is the Black edition with the standard Fan.

(I do hope it is the ZDBC, because thats likely gonna be my next card aswell. ;) )

I have the Dual Fan Black Edition, sorry but the XFX Website is so error-some in Safari... :banghead:

I bought it because my favourite PC/Mac Magazine (c't) wrote that this card is very quite even at load. And thats true the fan spins with 20% at idle and goes up to 27% at load (noticed in the AMD Catalyst Centre in Windows) :thumbup:, barerly noticeable.

jpa said:
your point in cinebech??

Will test this weekend :geek: .

OpenGl 28.09 BpS
CPU 1.62

I need an i72600...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back