Frequently "Aw snap error 11" on Chrome after update to Sonoma

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
CPU
i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6950 XT
Hello!
I'm getting this weird problem after updating to Sonoma, but most of the time I try to use Chrome I get this error 11, and I need to refresh the page multiple times. On ventura it doesn't seem to happen, but only Sonoma is giving me this issue.
Do you have any idea on what cause this?
Specs are:

i5 13600kf

32 DDR5

AMD 6950xt

Asus rog b760-i

edit: doesn't seem to happen on Brave and Safari, only on Chrome

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 10.44.09.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.5 MB · Views: 13
The Error Code 11 and AW, Snap! issue when searched in Google says the following:

Some simple solutions for the Aw Snap Chrome error are reloading the page, checking your internet connection, and opening a private browser. If none of those strategies resolves the problem, you can try clearing your browser cache, disabling extensions, or updating Google Chrome.

Have you tried all of these options to see if one or more are required to resolve the issue?

The Error Code 11 and AW, Snap! issue when searched in Google says the following:

Some simple solutions for the Aw Snap Chrome error are reloading the page, checking your internet connection, and opening a private browser. If none of those strategies resolves the problem, you can try clearing your browser cache, disabling extensions, or updating Google Chrome.

Have you tried all of these options to see if one or more are required to resolve the issue?
All try but not well, how should i debug it?

No idea, I don't use Chrome.

Is your Chrome updated? Go to the 3 dots on the top right -> Settings, then on the bottom left menu -> About Chrome. Center of the screen should show that it is up to date or updating... may need to restart Chrome if it updates.

I'm having exactly the same problem... a lot of chrome Aw Snap error 11 error codes, on a clean installation of Sonoma. Everything works fine besides this. Even on an incognito window.

Have anyone been able to fix this?

I have exactly the same issue, so anoying, considering not using chrome and switching to safari, which i am not keen on.
Any other news on why this occurs?

**** UPDATE ****
I just installed the Chrome nightly build (https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/canary/), (Version 122.0.6224.0 (Official Build) canary (x86_64)), been using this for the past 1.5 hours, with no errors or issues. On the 'standard' Chrome, I would see the issue every few mins. So.... Fingers crossed!

I think that error means that a support process for the window or tab crashed. Look for help on Chrome debugging, such as logs, to find what is crashing. It might be a plugin or extension edge case, esp regarding an accelerator, eg GPU.

Next those who have this problem, compare notes, what components or config do you all have in common?

For example, I use Chrome daily on hack for 3 years on hack and have never seen Chrome crash, but I have had problems with sporadic crashes of other programs, inc Finder, which I attribute to over-clocking edge cases.

In a similar vein, I use an old Macbook Pro with OCLP and Ventura, and there are edge cases with missing support for AVX2 instructions that cause graphics to crash for certain programs and certain workloads. I've never bothered to figure out exactly what makes it go wrong, but the OCLP release notes say it's a known hazard— It's rare enough for the simple work I do to just be a nuisance that I live with. Similarly lack of h265 and other codec support cause the system to run super hot when playing newer videos because VTD is decoding with CPU.

Maybe these ideas can give you a way to think about the crashing and the parameters of your builds.

Back