Contribute
Register

Frequent Restarting and Shutting Down Issue with Ventrua

Latest BIOS on the Z370N?

99dC is pretty hot for a 9th gen Intel CPU. Is there correlation between crashing/reboots and the upper end of that temp?

Does it crash in Windows if you run CPU stress tests?

Latest BIOS on the Z370N?

99dC is pretty hot for a 9th gen Intel CPU. Is there correlation between crashing/reboots and the upper end of that temp?

Does it crash in Windows if you run CPU stress tests?

Nope, I am not running the latest BIOS. I had issues with it. I have version 10.

That is the strange thing, it does not crash in Big Sur or Windows. But crashes in Monerey and Ventura.

Nope, I am not running the latest BIOS. I had issues with it. I have version 10.

That is the strange thing, it does not crash in Big Sur or Windows. But crashes in Monerey and Ventura.

There is quirk that affects systems with VT-d enabled, iGPU enabled and more than 16 GB of RAM. Although this only seemed to affect Ventura 13.3, so it may not explain why your system is crashing.

Maybe try enabling Kernel > Quirks > DisableIoMapperMapping and see if that helps, or bringing it down to 16 GB of RAM

Maybe disable the iGPU if the problem is occurring in Quicklook?

There is quirk that affects systems with VT-d enabled, iGPU enabled and more than 16 GB of RAM. Although this only seemed to affect Ventura 13.3, so it may not explain why your system is crashing.

Maybe try enabling Kernel > Quirks > DisableIoMapperMapping and see if that helps, or bringing it down to 16 GB of RAM

Yes, it is occuring in Quicklook. Let me try this one now.

It worked! This is unbelievable :]

Thank you, guys for your time and help!

Back