Graphics
RX 580 OEM
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello fellow members,

I'm facing a persistent issue with my Ventrua system, and I'm seeking assistance from the community to resolve it. The problem I'm encountering is that my Ventrua keeps restarting and shutting down unexpectedly. I have already taken some steps to troubleshoot the issue, but it continues to persist.

Here's what I've already tried:
1. Replaced the SSD: I suspected that the issue might be related to a faulty SSD, so I replaced it with a new one. However, the problem still persists even with the new SSD.
2. Upgraded the power supply: I also upgraded the power supply unit, thinking that inadequate power might be causing the restarts and shutdowns. Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the problem either.

One thing to note is that there are no crash logs available, which makes it challenging to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue. I'm hoping that someone with expertise in troubleshooting Ventrua systems could take a look at my configlist and help me identify any potential misconfigurations or other underlying causes for this behavior.

Please see the attached file for my EFI folder. I just removed the SN and system UUID.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,
AG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.8 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Why not post all the details you have, in the hopes the community, together, can assist?

Why not post all the details you have, in the hopes the community, together, can assist?
I have uploaded my EFI folder. Thanks ^^

Try this. I ran it through OCAT, updated it to OC92, and updated the kexts to OC92 versions. There were lots of changes.

Attachments

• EFI-TM.zip
    27 MB · Views: 19
I have WD 750SE as my boot drive. My computer crashes every now and then. It works but it is not stable.

Here are few lines from the latest crash report I had today:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801ff8d676): nvme: "3rd party NVMe controller. Command timeout. Write. fBuiltIn=1 MODEL=WD_BLACK SN750 SE 1TB FW=711130WD CSTS=0x1 US[1]=0x0 US[0]=0x4d VID=0x15b7 DID=0x501e CRITICAL_WARNING=0x0.\n" @IONVMeController.cpp:6151
Panicked task 0xffffff9532bf7208: 219 threads: pid 0: kernel_task

The system crashes whenever I rush through pics or PDFs quickly with a QuickLook.

___

You posted that a month ago. Is that still the error you're getting? I'd start with believing that to be the problem...

When you replaced the SSD, did you use that same brand, or a different brand of SSD? Please post FULL details on your system, every single part of it, both then, and now.

I have WD 750SE as my boot drive. My computer crashes every now and then. It works but it is not stable.

Here are few lines from the latest crash report I had today:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801ff8d676): nvme: "3rd party NVMe controller. Command timeout. Write. fBuiltIn=1 MODEL=WD_BLACK SN750 SE 1TB FW=711130WD CSTS=0x1 US[1]=0x0 US[0]=0x4d VID=0x15b7 DID=0x501e CRITICAL_WARNING=0x0.\n" @IONVMeController.cpp:6151
Panicked task 0xffffff9532bf7208: 219 threads: pid 0: kernel_task

The system crashes whenever I rush through pics or PDFs quickly with a QuickLook.

___

You posted that a month ago. Is that still the error you're getting? I'd start with believing that to be the problem...

When you replaced the SSD, did you use that same brand, or a different brand of SSD? Please post FULL details on your system, every single part of it, both then, and now.

I do not get any errors now, the system just restarts, no reports of logs. I have replaced my WD 750SE with WD Blue 550.

Last edited:
After you tried the EFI I posted, what changed?

If you remove all drives but your MacOS boot drive, what changes?

After you tried the EFI I posted, what changed?

If you remove all drives but your MacOS boot drive, what changes?

Thank you for the EFI folder.

1. I have tried your EFI folder. The computer still crashes if I use Quicklook to browser through pictures.
2. Even if I remove all of the drives, the issue persists.

Could it be because of overheating?

I'm sorry, but you're leaving out large amounts of details.

Spell out system specs? Is your profile (i7-9700k, Z370N Wifi, RX580) correct?

What do you mean by 'crashing'? What does the MacOS error logging show? Literally nothing?

If the OS completely loses control, typically that's hardware.

Overheating: What do your temp monitors show? Run iStat or Stats (brew install stats) and share the details.

I'm sorry, but you're leaving out large amounts of details.

Spell out system specs? Is your profile (i7-9700k, Z370N Wifi, RX580) correct?

What do you mean by 'crashing'? What does the MacOS error logging show? Literally nothing?

If the OS completely loses control, typically that's hardware.

Overheating: What do your temp monitors show? Run iStat or Stats (brew install stats) and share the details.
1. My specs are:

MOBO: Gygabyte z370n WIFI
CPU: i7-9700K
RAM: 32GB
GPU: RX580
Boot SSD: WD 550

2. The computer just restarts. There are no crash logs at all. There is nothing at all.

3. The temps are around 80-99C

Back