Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
I was completely unable to get past the "macos cannot install, cannot find resources" error using Unibeast for Mojave but I eventually figured out a way that works. Unfortunately, posting that fix here would probably violate the rules so I'm not going to get myself banned...

My Mojave boots fast and seems to run just fine now, but at some point I'll click a file or icon, and get the spinning beachball of death. Checking posts seems to say this is a fairly common problem, so I'm just putting my 2 cents in here, no idea what might be the cause but for now I guess I'll hang back on Sierra until more info becomes available.

Any thoughts?

haven't had that problem on my three of my systems. The one in in my sig, an HP 800 G1 Desktop and an HP 840 G3 laptop.

I was completely unable to get past the "macos cannot install, cannot find resources" error using Unibeast for Mojave but I eventually figured out a way that works. Unfortunately, posting that fix here would probably violate the rules so I'm not going to get myself banned...

My Mojave boots fast and seems to run just fine now, but at some point I'll click a file or icon, and get the spinning beachball of death. Checking posts seems to say this is a fairly common problem, so I'm just putting my 2 cents in here, no idea what might be the cause but for now I guess I'll hang back on Sierra until more info becomes available.

Any thoughts?

I believe I may have a flaky sata connector - running the new install on a different wire seems to work just fine now, no beachballs in about 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back