hd 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well,

I guess it was correct that it wouldn't be easy and work right away to Install Snow Leopard, but I have literally tried a lot of combinations without success.

I get a grey screen with the Apple-Symbol. Nothing happens.

I used iboot, put in the installation dvd and that's it.

I chose to build a budget mac according to the customac suggestions.
I have the GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard and all the other EXACT components in my build.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.se/search/label/CustoMac

I left 4 GB RAM out, did not put the TP-Link connector in. Although I had the wireless card in at the exact beginning.

EDIT:
I tried the different iBoot variations of -x -f -F -v but they had the same outcome. Black screen and nothing happening.

Is it important where to put the SATA cable coming from optical drive and hard drive?

The settings of the Motherboard are those in the guide and I followed the guide word-by-word (several times).

What does the grey screen mean?
Is there another way to make an installation?

Many thanks for any suggestions, I had been waiting for all the parts to get to me for two weeks.
I hope to get the installation going a little bit faster

I now read by coincidence somewhere, that the Z77 motherboards are not working with Snow Leopard and iboot installation.

I am now off to ordering Lion over the telephone from apple and doing an installation with unibeast + multibeast.

If successful, I will post it here.

I now read by coincidence somewhere, that the Z77 motherboards are not working with Snow Leopard and iboot installation.

I am now off to ordering Lion over the telephone from apple and doing an installation with unibeast + multibeast.

If successful, I will post it here.

duastden

You are correct SL or 10.6 stopped all development for the kernal about two years ago and your issues are related to that

the Z77 chipset
the HD4000 GFx of the CPU
the i5 - ivybridge cpu

all of your hardware is more recent that the kernal

If you can get a mac to download an build your USB stick to install OSX LION or Mountain LIon to that would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back