Contribute
Register

Freezing/crashing with GTX760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be trying to use these web drivers or just CUDA? My system doesn't seem to be a fan of the web drivers.

I don't think that the web drivers are applicable to the GTX 760 - Do a little research on the NVIDIA site.
If you can't use them, don't install them.

Good Luck

I don't think that the web drivers are applicable to the GTX 760 - Do a little research on the NVIDIA site.
If you can't use them, don't install them.

Good Luck

Yeah, as far as I can tell there are no web drivers for this particular device... but I kept seeing references to "web drivers" on another thread about the GTX760 so I didn't know if maybe there were some being used.

OK so because I blindly tried way too many things and couldn't properly control for what was making a difference anymore, I did another fresh install.

(Interesting side note, installing OSX failed as long as I had a Blu-ray drive connected, but succeeded when I disconnected it.)

This time I set system profile to iMac 13,1 and installed CUDA, and didn't really mess with much else. Interestingly, I need to use the PCIRootUID fix now, which I didn't before (??)

I've gotten two issues so far -- one total freeze before I updated CUDA to the latest version, and an application craft (Minecraft is my go to way to stress the GPU at the moment) after. The interesting thing is the dmesg readout is a little different now than it consistently was before: It's still a NVDA(OpenGL) Channel Exception error, but is now saying "Graphics Engine Error (GR Error 5).

I'm taking a break for now to do some work that I actually get paid for, but I'll evaluate and update how things are going. It seems to at least be SOMEWHAT more stable than before.

However, at what point do I give up and swap hardware? Would the GPU be a good guess to replace? Or is this considered a relatively minor issue that Hackintosh users need to expect to live with?

Thanks for all your help, P1LGRIM. Really appreciated.

Not having much luck. Came back and woke it from sleep; it froze up, allowing me to move the mouse but not do anything else. After a hard reset I can now only get it to boot into safe mode; regular boot (have tried various boot flags) is now taking me to an empty desktop where I can't do anything.

Edit: Got it to boot straight away with a UseKernalCache=No flag.

If anything things have gotten worse... even though this time around I haven't done anything too extreme. The system will only log in reliably maybe 1 in 3 times -- otherwise it goes to a white screen or a very light version of the desktop.

However, it DOES seem to work reliably in safe mode.

Should I be looking for a different GPU? Can't find much online that I haven't already tried.

I am having some serious problem with my new build.
The system freezes when I am using FCPX or Luxmark. Luxmark only freezes when I test both the CPU and GPU or the CPU only.
I tried clover and chameleon installs, nvidia driver, IGPU enabled, disabled. Same happened. With clover it also restarts.
I followed this: ManHands' Haswell Build: i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD5H - 32GB RAM - GTX 760

Crash log: http://pastebin.com/DaPwggqm

Parts
Motherboard: Z87X-UD5H (tried both F9 and F10C)
CPU: I7-4790
GPU: Gigabyte GTX760
Mem: 16GB Corsair (CML16GX3M2A1600C10)
PSU: Corsair cs650m

Is it possible that something is wrong with these rams? I run a lot of memory tests, all is ok, but when I removed 1 stick I couldn't freeze it. Worth mention that this type of ram is not listed on the gigabyte mem support list.

nicocxiv,

I having same problem as you but with card GTX460.
Did you solve the problem?
Tks

Yes, I did. I have found the solution on the corsair forum, it was the memory. Raising the imc voltage and memory voltage worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back