Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I successfully installed snow leopard, however after I installed 10.6.4 and ran multibeast I can start to boot without the iBoot CD but it gets to the Apple logo screen and freezes. I have the grey loading wheel and it goes around normally, but it never starts up. Havent tried safe mode as I'm not sure when to enter the -x command.
My system is a Gigabyte GA-H55m-UD2H and a Core i3 530 with integrated graphics as my GPU hasnt come yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

iCello said:
I successfully installed snow leopard, however after I installed 10.6.4 and ran multibeast I can start to boot without the iBoot CD but it gets to the Apple logo screen and freezes. I have the grey loading wheel and it goes around normally, but it never starts up. Havent tried safe mode as I'm not sure when to enter the -x command.
My system is a Gigabyte GA-H55m-UD2H and a Core i3 530 with integrated graphics as my GPU hasnt come yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
You can try booting using -x. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to wait for the GPU.

thanks for the quck reply, do ou think that the gpu will help fix this?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 41
quick update: won't boot in safe or verbose modes either. Should I just wait for my gpu or try to reinstall? Wipe the hard drive using iboot disk, and install again with different options in multibeast?

iCello said:
quick update: won't boot in safe or verbose modes either. Should I just wait for my gpu or try to reinstall? Wipe the hard drive using iboot disk, and install again with different options in multibeast?
Wait for the card.

Hi,

I have the same issue with my installation. I get the apple screen and it keeps revolving forever. it happens on the reboot after the multibeast and 10.6.4 combo update.
My question is how come the graphic card is the problem and it wasn't a problem before the upgrade?
will updating to 10.6.5 resolve this issue instead of 10.6.4? I'm not planning on a GPU.

Lior.

Sorry for posting, as this thread is quite old, but I get the exact same behaviour with my H55M-UD2H F11 and i3 with integrated graphics, after updating to 10.6.7 and running Multibeast with DSDT... it will never boot again (forever apple logo), tried with -x, -v, cpus=1, busratio=23, etc... and also with iBoot,... nothing.
the verbose output doesn't seem to be wrong,... it just stops at some point with no error.

I spent like 3 days trying, and finally I decided to post here.
Any idea?
So far I'm working with 10.6 + iBoot.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back