Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm having a problem where the computer freezes sometimes while using Google Chrome.

Here is a guide I made on how I installed everything. It's all working 100% and I wasnt experiencing any freezes before 10.10.5

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...mite-10-10-x-full-temp-guide-100-working.html

Here is my system:
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4 (Motherboard)
Intel Core i7 5820k Haswell E Processor (Cpu)
16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 2400 RAM (Memory)
EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB (Graphics Card)
Sandisk Extreme ii 120GB SSD (El Capitan drive)
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD (Windows Drive for dual boot)
(3) Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB (Hard Drives)
Old Maxtor 500gb Drive (still works)
Antec DF-85 (Computer Case)
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B2 (Power Supply)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (Cpu Cooler)
Samsung CD / DVD-RW Burner With LightScribe (for when I rarely need a cd/dvd drive)

I'm using chimera to boot and i have full cpu support, usb 3.0, audio working. Everything is working 100 percent except with I get random freezes when using google chrome. Using Clover to boot 10.10.5 i get random reboots using google chrome. It's more prone to freezing or rebooting when using youtube or sites like worldstarhiphop. This does not happen if i use El Capitan but I need to use 10.10.5 for compatibility issues with "Pro Tools HD" Let me know if you think its this kext AppleIntelE1000e or something else?

Thanks
Malki

It's intel Lan driver.
I installed

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/
and it works now.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/396-intelmausiethernet/

My setup is GA-Q87M-d2h, i7-4790

I also had to turn off all C States, P states, Speedstate from bios and chimera, and disable wake on lan and display sleep. Later I enabled wake on lan.
looks like it no longer hangs after ~20 min of inactivity.

I installed NullCPU also. CPU still goes to 800Mhz when the system is not in use, and then back to 3600.
Sometimes I got a kernel panic cpu 2 caller and looks like -no-zp flag fixes it
Also in Network I set Hardware to manual and selected full-duplex, flow-control without energy efficient ethernet. Set in bios NIC to 100 Full duplex, and in OS "manual" page also.

Maiki, could you test VMWare Fusion on your setup? I am very curious about how it works on x99.

It's intel Lan driver.
I installed

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/

and it works now.
My setup is GA-Q87M-d2h, i7-4790

I also had to turn off all C States, P states, Speedstate from bios and chimera, and disable wake on lan and display sleep. Later I enabled wake on lan.
looks like it no longer hangs after ~20 min of inactivity.

I installed NullCPU also. CPU still goes to 800Mhz when the system is not in use, and then back to 3600.
Sometimes I got a kernel panic cpu 2 caller and looks like -no-zp flag fixes it
Also in Network I set Hardware to manual and selected full-duplex, flow-control without energy efficient ethernet. Set in bios NIC to 100 Full duplex, and in OS "manual" page also.

Maiki, could you test VMWare Fusion on your setup? I am very curious about how it works on x99.

Thanks for the reply! I use an x99 mobo do you think it will work on this board?

Ever since I posted this I went back and tried El Capitan (which I have working 100% now, no reboots or freezes, no issues!) http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...capitan-10-11-2-clover-guide-100-working.html (my guide on that)

But the main reason I use Yosemite is my main program "Pro Tools HD 11" is incompatible on some levels with El Capitan (even with real macs). I have now went back to 10.10.5 / Clover. Waiting for a reboot or a freeze, but some of the issues I had with 10.10.5 / Clover are gone already after applying what I learned from El Capitan / Clover. I was using chimera / yosemite because i could not upload gmail attachments / browse facebook using clover / yosemite before. I now have fixed that, not sure what did it but I am using a lot of new kexts, some ssdt's and some other stuff to where the computer is functioning pretty good now using clover / yosemite. Just hoping I don't get the freeze / reboot issue

How do I go about installing that lan driver as I looked at his site and it does not look like its a kext. So I want to wait on your word before trying it. I'll also wait on a reboot too, I have the newest intel lan driver installed now

As far as using VMWare Fusion, dont you need to have vt-d disabled for hackintosh? That would essentially disable cpu virtualization (meaning can't run virtual machines). I have it disabled in bios. I used to run VMWare when I had an I5 hack, so it definitely works. I don't use VMWare anymore, I just dual boot with windows 10.

I put a link to kext in my first post.
I would definitely try it in your case.
It helped me a lot. It didn't hang yet since 10pm yesterday.

Feels like without it OSX sends it to sleep and then can't wake it up, so it hangs up.

Also it feels like 10.10.5 became too fragile and I even thought about installing 10.10.

VMWare Fusion works well without vt-d. I was just curious if it works on X99 and 5820k. Who knows, with those kernel patches, etc. It's important to me and my business and buying x99 just to test it all is a bit too steep. If you could get their trial and see if it works fine, at least starts up fine, I would really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back